Reviews Team Heko wind deflectors, no thanks, not again

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by GSD2013, Sunday 28th Jun, 2015.

1. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Bought a set off ebay about 8 weeks ago, one of the rear ones went flying off within two weeks. The other rear one dropped out whilst opening other rear window when stationary two weeks after the loss of the first one.
    The driver's side one is now getting to be a problem, with the anti- trap, when driving at 50+ speeds, and is now a problem at 40.
    I have removed them, gonna get some Climair ones.

Think twice before buying Team Heko.

2. Sims77 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mark Sims Stoke on Trent
    I've heard that the Climair are a lot better and don't suffer 'drooping'

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I've had them on a couple of cars now and never had an issue, just make sure to affix them securely - they are a bit noisy at motorway speeds.

4. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

I followed the instructions, instructions? I thought Ikea were bad for pictorial instuctions. And, I watched the instructions video on YouTube. Left the windows closed for 24hrs, to let the rubber seals become accustomed too. Maybe they don't work with chrome trims very well.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I have chrome trims on my 7th Generation too mate, infact I actually ported them across from my '03 to my '07 after a year and they are still fine.

Trick is wedging the little metal grippers in well I believe, I normally use a butter knife to assist :Laughing:

6. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Tried the clips too, instructions were poor, clips fell out as well.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I've never read any instructions, I just wedged them in as far back as they'd go with a butter knife and that was that :Laughing:

I haven't heard of Climair, Mugen deflectors are the best available for the 7th Generation that I know of, I just don't like the fact they go over the chrome trim.

8. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Looked at the mugen ones, and following the cardiac from the price, I went to the cheapest option, mmmm.

9. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Aha, yeah it doesn't always work out the best. But personally, I've never had a problem with Heko deflectors so better the devil I know.

Sadsack likes this.
  10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I've never had a problem with the heko deflectors. I've never used the metal clips, just double sided tape. They have never dropped and the car is fine. Had them on for a year or so already. I didnt use instructions either

11. GSD2013 Premium Member Club Supporter

Just my luck then, lost faith tho'

12. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    had them on a couple of cars myself.. only ever needed to use the clips on the rear windows.

sounds like youve just been unlucky I think.

13. AaKoo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah, they should be qood quality. You have had a bad luck.

14. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    I've not used wind deflectors much, but I can't complain about the Team Heko ones I put on my Civic. I didn't use the clips, but the rear deflectors needed a little extra double sided tape (I've since removed the rears as I think they look out of place and don't match the fronts). I've also removed the fronts to allow for some trim replacement on the front doors, and removing and refitting the deflectors are a breeze (probably because I didn't use those horrible clips) I will say that are a little flimsy, and one of mine has had a little piece break off on the one end, but that may have been me mishandling it when removing it.