Insurance Temp cover insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by tomsmarty, Wednesday 7th Mar, 2012.

  1. tomsmarty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    I need a days insurance on my parents car (Nissan x-trail 2.2 diesel) but no one will quote me! Probably as I'm only 18 but does anyone know of anywhere that will offer temp cover for a 18 year old? Or would it be easier to ring their current insurers and ask if they can add me to the policy for a day?
  2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

    I would try through their current insurers.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

  4. tomsmarty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

  5. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

  6. tomsmarty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    They won't insure me due to the size of the car. I give up! Thanks for looking though mate.
  7. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

    I suppose you could always ask your old man to put you on his insurance policy as second driver or something like that.Sorry i couldn't help more and good luck with it.Hope you find a solution.
  8. tomsmarty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    It's fine thanks for having a search :Smile: My only option is for him to ask his insurance company if they would put me on there just for the day. Only want it to drive to Japfest like 20 miles away!
  9. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

  10. tomsmarty Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

    Haha noo. It's only as I can't have more than 4 people in my car at once as it rubs on the rear arches. So wanted to use the parents car to get there.
  11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

    England CJ Leeds
    have used this temp cover from then Norwich Union on several occasions simple and effective even tax a car back then with it... :Wink: