Engine & Gearbox Temperature bar.

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by GavTheMighty, Wednesday 7th Nov, 2012.

1. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Am I right or wrong in thinking my 2.4 I-VTEC like most cars when fully warm the bar should be directly in the middle because it seems to be below the middle which I tend to find means on most cars either a Thermostat not working properly or possibly a temp sensor?

2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

On mine is slightly below the middle.Think thats how it should be.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is perfectly normal bud, this has been asked so many times in various threads so it does it lost in the blurb.

Nothing to be worried about your car is at it optimal working temperature, even if you cane your car and give it a thrashing with the aircon on it will not budge for that position :Wink:

4. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for the quick replies and sorry for the dumb question I shouldnt have been so lazy and searched a bit first Im just pretty excited about the new toy so dived straight in. :Smile:

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just fire away whatever you might need answering and enjoy VTEC singing on your new car.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yup for the 8th Generation that's normal too.I will get some pictures up of both cars for reference purposes.

Not if someone else beats me to it..:Wink:

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

He he mine is stone cold but will get a pic in the morning.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Cheers matey.:Wink:

9. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yea mine is the same, in my old hondas it always sat just over 1/3 of the way up, so i initially thought this was sitting too high as it was quite near the middle lol!

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Here is a pic of mine fully warmed up after some VTEC fun this morning.

IMAG0509.

11. GavTheMighty Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

yep looks like mine so good to know. Already had to change the stat and sensors on an Audi A3 and Land Rovery discovery in this last year didnt want to have to do it again lol.

12. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The guage is the same on the diesel as well. Just below midway.