Brochures & Promo Tempted

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 19th May, 2012.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

don't ask why, but last few days, I have had this "thing" for the CR-V. :Aghast:

I know there's a new one due this autumn, but have seen quite a few 10/11/60/61 plate CR-V's essentially going for about 50% of their OEM price, which is a staggering amount considering how much car the CR-V actually is.

I'm looking at the top EX spec, and they come with Xenons so thats a good start.

My only issue is that there are very few with the Advanced Safety Pack. Can this be retrofitted??

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I actually quite like the CR-V. I would certainly consider it in the future. Moving from Lindon to Hampshire later in the year, so country lanes might be easier with a 4x4.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've never driven one but have arranged a test drive next weekend so will see then.

What tax is the 2.2 I-DTEC by the way?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Even Helen has hinted she wants a CR- V I have told her she can have it the day it made in Japan. Saj retro fitting ADAS into a non ADAS is not worth it far too many changes.

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeh I thought it would be. But at least it has Xenons which are a must!

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I like CR-V.my next car will be either CR-V or Accord tourer.Need a bit more space.

7. Mike c Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mike Telford
    Hi Saj having recently changed from an accord ES GT to a petrol CR-V I can honestly say I am delighted with the change . Obviously it doesn't have the power of the accord but it is very smooth and very quiet.
    Being the EX it has all the toys including the better version satnav , reversing camera, front and rear parking sensors and leather all through.
    The headlights are very good at night , a big improvement on the accord . Mine hasn't got the radar system but what you've never had you never miss ( or that's what they say).
    It is a much roomier car inside and very versatile. The rear view camera is very handy if you tow a trailer as the ball hitch shows up very well on the screen making lining the hook up a piece of cake .
    Hope you enjoy your test drive.
    Regards
    Mike c

8. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I love the CR-V and would definitely have one. One concern is that a friend of mine had one with the I-CDTI engine and said the economy was terrible. In the end he sold it because of the running costs.

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Having got back from the US, I have seen and driven the 2.4 petrol CR-V which comes here later this autumn.

Absolutely fantastic car, looks superb and build quality is solid as ever. Depending on prices, I could be tempted once it hits the UK. The 2.4 engine seemed ok, but a 30 min drive isnt really a proper road test, but otherwise, the car is definitely more of an option than the current model if prices are right.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    TBH the increase in CR-V petrol sales in the UK will prompt the sale of the 2.4 . Every time I have been to HH I always see a petrol CR- V going through PDI. Maybe the diesel honeymoon for Honda owners is wearing.

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2.4 would be superb here if it werent for the stupid Govt taxation policy. Diesel or not, the new CR-V is a very good machine and one that I can hope to sample here.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda are still on path to bring the 1.6 diesel to the CR-V front wheel drive only. If this earthdream lives the expectation of high fuel efficiency I can't see the 2.4 being brought forward.

13. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hey Saj, in Solihull Honda they got ex demonstrator clearance at the moment.
    Few nice CR-V there if you are still looking for one,Accords as well.

14. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I am interested LOL :Smile:

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nope you are NOT.:Foolish:

16. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Shut up mother!

Ichiban likes this.
  17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is it still there?

Or am I too late as usual?

18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Honestly i don't know if its still on,i would think so.
    I was there last week and they had quite few CR-V on ex demonstrator clearance.

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The will be all sold mate , CR-V are selling like hot cakes they don't stand around.

20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They can't ALL be that bad then CJ if they are selling - and they arent exactly cheap either!