Engine & Gearbox terraclean

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by declanswan, Thursday 12th Jul, 2012.

1. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

What are peoples thoughts on this. CJ, anything delicate you can think of that it could harm ?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of it bud until today :Unknown:I personally dislike television personality endorsing products. if you are concerned about carbon use super grade fuels and the best oil money can buy with regular oil changes. You will NEVER need to use products like these ever, they are more inclined to neglected cars and car which have very poor service histories.

Lastly you don't want all the carbon in your engine removed , it creates more issues than its worth.

3. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Do you recommend an additive for cleaning the fuel system though CJ....?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fuel additives get burnt along with during combustion process and won't be half aggressive as a de-carbonise will it?

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I see Terraclean are rapidly developing a network of service centres...some may see that as an opportunity :Wink:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Leaving more punters to believe they need it, or get convinced otherwise.

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Mine runs better after Forte Gas Treatment treatment.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Do you use normal petrol then?

9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Yup always use 95.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There you have it ERG plate from Helen car was not bad even after 100K miles ran on VPP. Helen car has had two fuel treatments just for the sake of testing a products.

11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I have used BG products in bikes before with very good results.

My ZZR6 stood for about 3 and a half years with the same fuel in it ( I know drain the carbs before storage) and the carbs were a mess when I came to take her for a blast this year. She was missing and would not pull 60 mph in any gear.. I mixed a gallon of fresh petrol and half a can of BG44k and took her out for a very embarrassing run. Took about 15 ish miles to clear the carbs enough to get over a spluttery 100 out of her. After about 40 ish miles it was running faultlessly had a smooth 150 out of her on the run back home:Whistle:.. Oh happy days

Not tried diesel treatments before but was thinking of getting some Tunap from HH? Any views anyone on their products as never come accross them before

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tunap is kerosene free BG used to be but it isnt anymore.Tunap is cheaper too :Wink:

When I put my first gen away for the winter I fill the tank up and add the entire bottle of Silkolene PRO FST Fuel System Treatment.

13. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

95 and Forte twice a year and no EGR or idling issues at all on my 6th Generation after 140k...only used Shell or BP fuel never supermarket...so I think these system cleaners are worth using as long as it's a good cleaner...fingers crossed doing that will keep the 7th Generation trouble free too.

14. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I think I am going to try some of the Tunap, approved by Honda and I trust their judgment, if it didnt work I don't think they would promote it.. The car runs sweet and want to keep it that way, so thanks to Mr Eastwood for the advice and (first 25L came today) help I am stocking up on 0 - 30 and will have the first change this weekend. Regular changes and perhaps run some fuel treatment through the old girl every few month ans she should fine. Thats the plan..

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    7th Generation Petrol engine with high mileage do develop idling issues ,infact IIRC at 100mile service it does say you need to do an idle learn. It is not a fault but a routine maintenance which needs to be performed for the sensors to get recalibrated.

I have started to notice on my 7th Generation when you come back after a long journey and quickly get out of the car you can hear clicking under the bonnet.

To some it may sound like the starter solenoid trying to engage and disengage the stator in the starter motor. Infact that's the DBW electronics recalibrating the throttle butterfly :Thumbup: So don't get worried if you hear that sound.