Guides Testing alternator pulley

Accord 03-08

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 8th Mar, 2014
    Ichiban likes this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just a reminder to all those who are planning to change their long aux belt for the short one. Do this simple test whilst doing the swap.

3. BeeCee Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone. I recently joined, so excuse me if I've jumped in but I was searching for info on alternators. I recently had mine changed as it packed up whilst out driving, the dash boardwent very Blackpool with every light on it flashing. Nothing wrong with the replacement, but since then one then the 2nd garage just can't get it right. The only conclusion the 2nd garage canarrive at is the belts are wrong (?) but even they agree they are Gates whichare good:PAS Belt # 4pk1063 Alternator Belt #6pk1103. Anyone have any advice/opinion on them, would OEM Honda be any better?This is the first major bill I’ve had in 143k/12 years so I can’t complain. The car is driveable but I don’t like the feel so it needs sorting!

- - - Updated - - -

still not perfect!

Last edited: Saturday 21st Sep, 2013
  4. Biffo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lancashire
    if you're changing to the shorter belt and doing away with the top idler pulley, the Honda part number is 040301-RBD-305. if the parts monkey askes for your reg number, it will come back with the original long belt, so don't take any notice of him. Even then, you'll get ripped off to over £40+ just for the belt, plus VAT as well!
    These belts are fitted to other vehicles, the alternative part number is 7PK1788. Searching GOOGLE now they are £21.83p with free delivery.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  5. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Just with a quick visual check.

How can you tell if you have the modified belt or whether you still have the old (original/factory fitted) belt.

Any photos or diagrams any where.

thks

6. Biffo Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Lancashire
  7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Anyone know what HH's price is on this ?