Introductions Thanks for having me!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by bobabobajob, Monday 11th May, 2015.

1. bobabobajob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve gloucester
    Joined this forum on the recommendation of someone I've just bought a tailgate lock from- from a tourer he is currently breaking.
    Not entirely new to Hondas, I had an FR-V 1.8 back in 2013 for 9 months until a change in circumstances forced sale.
    Really love my 2005 diesel accord- a pretty much straight financial swap for a 2009 Toyota Avensis 1.8 with 49k on it. The diesel accord is more gutsy, huge and definitely my favourite car so far. I enjoy messing around with cars and doing my own servicing. So far I've
    1. Fitted parking sensors (Bosch Park Pilot- DIY to follow)
    2. Sealed the headlights
    3. Fixed the front foglight (bizarrely you have to remove the front bumper and unbolt the foglamp to get to the bulb!)
    4. Fitted the short Aux Belt (removing the idler)
    5. Done the fuel filter
    6. New rear discs and pads and proper handbrake adjustment using that little toothed wheel thing.
    7. Changed the transmission fluid.
    8. I did have a 12+ service at Honda dealer too just to get the vehicle health check which I thought was worthwhile on a new and unfamiliar car. They wanted £463.37 just for the tailgate latch/closer!!!! The only problem with it is that when the tailgate is open the boot courtesy light is a bit intermittent and you have to actually press the latch and it will flicker on and off- hence the 240 mile round trip Up North to get a second hand one.

I'm also looking for the proper roof rails. Reason is that I've got a very long roofbox (230cm) and fear that will lift off due to the windscreen overhang if I can't shift it further to the rear. Only way to do this is to use roof rails and cross bars.

I hope to contribute something as well as learn an awful lot from this community. I've had a good look around already and it is mine of information (much better than TypeAccord!)

FirstHonda likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom
    Welcome to HK, feel free to ask any questions you like

Look forward to seeing some pictures of your car
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Welcome to HK Steve. :welcome:
    Do have a good look through the site. I'm sure you will find a wealth of helpful information. :mechanic:
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @bobabobajob :welcome:

Nice to see you are already getting stuck in and are improving/maintaining your Accord :clap:
  5. Bones126 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

England Dave Birmingham
    Hello and welcome :Niceone:
  6. bobabobajob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Steve gloucester
    thanks to all for welcoming me. If anyone out their has a 59 FR-V 1.8es in blue that they bough at the back end of 2013 then let me know. I'd like to see how it's going.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to Honda Karma @bobabobajob and thanks for the kind words :Wink:
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello :Bye:and :welcome:to:gohonda:Karma