Off-Topic Thanks for the meal Audi

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Nighthawk, Wednesday 6th May, 2015.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    I hope they didn't drive afterwards!

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Funny if they did and they crashed the courtesy Audi LOL

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

She should have flown to New York or Hong Kong in first class and billed them for the meal on board.

Their own fault for not specifying an upper limit. Given the Audi "brand" they are so proud of, did they expect her to go to KFC?

Now there's an idea...:Laughing:

5. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Following that logic a meal for two ? Two what ?
    Two people , two hockey teams two rugby teams two football teams?:Icecream::Icecream::Icecream::Icecream::Icecream:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

7. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hang on that's 13 drinks each they had way too much for my liking

8. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All that is wrong with society today, a gesture of goodwill thrown back at the dealer. Accidents happen and as long as the vehicle was repaired to a satisfactory standard that should have been the end of it.

The only Karma is that it's an Audi, so the freeloader will have lots of repair bills in the future.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  9. Nighthawk Guest

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Is that another difference between an Audi and Honda owner?

11. Nighthawk Guest

Personally, I don't see any issue with what either party has done here. They both have had civil issues with their local dealers where it appears, on the face of it without knowing more details, that talks have fallen flat and the dealers have carried on bullying them into a corner. That fella with the A5 has made sure he is doing everything legal and is making his frustrations known. Its only through extreme measures that the dealership has finally decided to settle the civil dispute.

Fair play to him I say, its not right for a dealership to bully customers when they are in the wrong. The poor media coverage is their fault. Companies constantly fail to realise that its their customers that keep them in business, not just money.

FirstHonda likes this.
  12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Considering how their cars are a massive rip off and a money pit, the least they could have done is pay her meals for a year. £700 is nothing for them, that's probably the same amount a customer pays to have their brake light fixed.

Nighthawk likes this.
  13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Look at all the "stress" they put her through but of course spending £700 on a meal alleviated all that "stress" :lol:

14. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    All I can say is my honda dealership would not treat any customer's like this. I have heard of the law suit in the states I pointed this out to a friend who bought a petrol audi and guess what, it uses oil like fuel. I was once a big audi fan and was considering one in a couple of years time then I discovered honda, no more audi cars for me again.

Nels likes this.
  15. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Indeed so.

A large company making a flippant offer without thinking it through, and without taking the time to be specific about the detail. Personally I think they got what they deserved, even if I don't really endorse what the customer did. It just feels like there was more to this story that we can see.

Hopefully some other companies will learn from this. Detail is important - they may as well have given this customer a blank cheque, so more fool them.