General The big 150 lol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dave, Saturday 11th Feb, 2012.

1. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It finally arrived last night....

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Congrats bud is your car stock?

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes mate sure is and it'll stay that way. Had 130k on it when I got it at 3 years old, 1 company owner FSH I assume it was a sales reps car the actual company whose car it was is the name on the logbook too.

4. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nice one Dave, next up, the double century.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Why does that not surprise me!! Thank god you didn't get the yorkshire tune!!

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

we could do a poll on this - vote for Brighouse and Rastrick Floral Dance or the Hovis Music lol

7. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah lets hope she can do the double century with as little problems like me old Civic did!

Honda didnt spend all that money designing the engine and management system etc without having a good reason for limiting the BHP. Been down the tuned turbo route before and it didnt have a happy ending lol.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Once bitten twice shy..eh .I too went through this mad cycle of more power on my bikes. They were all 2 stroked they were heavily ported , head shaven to increase compression ratio, colder plugs , bigger jets , carbon fibre reed valves multi stage cone bends and expansion chambers, different sprocket to play with final ratio. showa suspension and the digital CD ignition

All this on stock internals :Whistle: I went through piston rings and barrels by the months , they were fast and ultra reliable but it killed the bikes internals . If I had gone for competition barrels,piston, rings & crank I would have had more life out of them.

The same principle applies to the Accord you tune on the stock parts... can't take it. The question why tune a slow car to go fast buy a faster stock car and be done with it..

and that's what I have been doing every since.

9. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Exactly, I managed to melt a piston on my Cav Turbo, that wasnt a cheap rebuild, you don't buy a Diesel to go fast at the end of the day!

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    melted piston yikes I had holes in the piston crowns..Yes you don't buy a diesel to go fast , if you need the diesel speed bug buy the 8th Generation Type-S it will tick all the boxes.

No headaches or things blowing it will just work.

11. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thats lovely that!!! That is a hell of alot of miles lol!

Have you had any problems with it atall?
    I don't know much about the engine you have in their, if its chain driven, have you had the tensioner changed, or even the chain? (incase if it has stretched over the years etc).

12. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its had an alternator in the 20k miles i've owned it. Its had nothing done to the timing chain as far as I'm aware as its a facelift car the timing chain problems don't affect it (fingers crossed)

13. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

150k miles is alot of miles, maybe a new chain tensioner might be worth a loot at?

Whats the most miles any one had out of these engines?

14. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I think there is one thats done around 200k thats a taxi on another forum.

15. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

200k, just shows what you can get out of these if looked after properly!

16. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah regular oil changes I do mine every 5k miles. My old VTI-S Civic has done over 200k now and I did the oil on that every 5k miles.

17. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

on my EP3 Civic type-r i change the oil every 10k, hit 90k this week, i think il change to 5k or 8k from now on tbh.

18. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

150k barely run in! Lots of life in the old girl yet. :Smile:

19. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fingers crossed mate :Smile:

20. herohonda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

sounds like a lovely mile muncher, it gets bettter and better for me as im looking for one!

Honda have always made the best engines without a doubt.