Accord/2nd Gen The cheapest Honda Accord I ever bought.

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 7th May, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I recall the time so vividly I logged on to ebay in 2004 to look for 2nd Generation Honda Accord car model. In the end I saw this Accord with 10 minutes left with no bids I bid 10 quid yes ten quid and I won it.:Blink: Drove upto Lancashire next day and picked up the car.

Taxed it for a year put a MOT and boy did need a LOT of work to get the MOT certificate.I drove it to ground and got 150 quid in scrap value. total spend on the car with insurance 100 quid. This car was rough as hell it was a shed but it carried on.
    P1010010.JPG P1010009.JPG P1010008.JPG P1010012.JPG P1010015.JPG P1010014.JPG P1010013.JPG P1010011.JPG P1010001.JPG P1010002.JPG P1010003.JPG P1010004.JPG P1010005.JPG P1010006.JPG P1010007.JPG

numpty67 likes this.
  2. Bertone Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

this is definitely a record [; but it looked kind of decent though, what was wrong with it?
    It reminds me of my first 2nd Generation hatchback. A few years ago I was seeing a girl and one day during a party at hers, we have accidentaly ended up in her parents garage, under her house. I saw a red 2nd Generation hatchback covered in 5 inch thick dust. All of a sudden i've lost interest in the girl and bought the car from her father [; I've paid him 80 quid because it was all i had at the moment and he was just glad to see someone loved the car. Unfortunately it was so rusty, petrol tank dropped on the ground on the first bump and the engine was overheating for no reason so I had to srap it.
    B ******on the scrapyard have held it intact for four years so I could see it everytime i was passing by. You could imagine my torments everytime i saw her, my love from the first sight [;

3. Craig Carling Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bacup
    I once got given a 1st Generation Prelude, and that thing was AMAZING. It started my love affair with Honda's. Not long after I got it, I took it in for a full service, paid for by my boss, and we then drove to Paris. 4 of us, from Leeds to Paris in one go, stopping only for the Ferry and one fill up. Never missed a beat. Parked up on what I thought was a deserted street and got a couple of hours shuteye, to wake up surrounded by 7 lanes of traffic....I'd parked on a roundabout!

We looked around Paris for the day and drove back without stopping again, once again, never missing a beat. It was 15 years old when I got it. I have since bought a Civic 1st Generation for 50 quid, and another Prelude 1st Generation for 300.....those were the days.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The exterior appearance were illusion bud. It had surface rust in a lot of places both rear arches were shot they were held together by waxoyl and a lot of it ! Not to forget body filler with paint slapped on. You can see different shades of blue paint.. The steering rack and pinion were worn ,power steering pump had a whine ,emissions were all over the place it won't idle correctly .. The carb was worn something majorly wrong with it needed a new carb. Suspension was totally shot, clutch slipped in top gear.. A lot of rust. That was the end of the car it was never looked after it was abused.

Other than that it was a great little car. Love it