Daily Driver The Daily Bus

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by krish, Tuesday 29th Mar, 2016

1. krish Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Krish Leicestershire
  2. krish Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

$_58 (1).JPG $_58 (2).JPG $_58 (3).JPG $_58 (4).JPG $_58 (5).JPG $_58 (6).JPG $_58 (7).JPG

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just uploaded these pictures to the garage.

4. krish Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks mate

5. krish Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey guys. Had my first mechanical issue with the Honda!

Took the car to my mates workshop for pre MOT check and replace a few suspension bits I know needed doing.

Changed lower wishbones and rear anti-roll bar bushes and that's all she needed :Smile:

Passed MOT with a few advisories that I'm not happy about looking to sort out ASAP but on the whole she's all good. Started her back up and left the MOT station and battery light pops up!!!

Got back to the workshop and got the multimeter out; Getting 12v at high idle :Frown:

By this time it was late and no chance of sourcing an alternator and I needed to be in London for 7pm!

Left Milton Keynes and headed back home to Leicestershire, jumped in the MR2 and drove back to London!

Back in London and frantically trying to find a alternator ASAP. pm'ed fired over to @Mr CL7 begging for parts :Smile:

What can I say, done 12000 miles and my first issue - happy so far really

On a more positive note my lower wishbone bushes were knackered and what a transformation it has made. So much more communication with the road. Loving it! Also I was super impressed by how easily they came off. Bolts were gliding off, a real pleasure to work on.

Rear anti-roll bar bushes was done in no time too.

Driving back with no heating on, sounds off and not a single knock, bang, creek or interior panel rattle - NOTHING but a slightly noisy rear bearing.

This is a very nice car - loving the build quality :Smile:

can't be bother to type much more but I'm looking into this alternator tensioner removal and shorter belt - not sure if this applied to diesels only.

So far I found a link to a guide to remove tensioner and put shorter 1785mm belt with a image of new belt orientation.

I can't remember if my setup is the same and I need to do this before another alternator goes on.

Someone on here also did a video for alternator swap. Looks dead simple with good access. Really loving the wealth of info available.​

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @krish I moved you post above from the Club Garage Entry into here (your Project Log).

Project Log is for discussing issues and work you do on your car. Club Garage is just for responding to comments people make on your car.

I think you were lucky there ! :Smile: They can be a pain.

Alternator is basically a wear and tear part and they will eventually fail. Changing one over is pretty straight forward, there are several guides on here.
    Here is one Alternator & Serpentine Belt Replacement (Petrol)

The short alternator re-route only applies to diesels.

7. krish Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hey SpeedyGee, sorry for the late reply. Your link was helpful and was fitted without any issues.

Car was running perfect and then I got offered a BMW E90 330i with a LPG conversion and I couldn't resist.

I ended up pxing the Honda for £1500. Not t a bad price I thought.

Now I'm left with a load of bits I was meant to put on the car to sell. Just one more thing to remove from the shed!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who made me feel welcome.

Take care