Off-Topic The Dealership - Channel 4

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by FirstHonda, Monday 12th Aug, 2013.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Anybody else been watching "The Dealership" on Channel 4 (Thursday nights at 20:00)?

It's about the Essex Car Company, and the salesmen there. The first couple of episodes have entertained me!

The star salesman (James) is hilarious, and it is easy to see why he is successful...:Smile:

Funniest moment for me so far...dealing with a very cautious couple who didn't want to commit to buying a 1 Series BMW...three hours (!) into the negotiation, they cut away to James the salesman talking about the importance of the "silent close" in closing deals like this one. But he can't keep silent for more than a few seconds, because as he says, he hasn't got the patience for it!!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of it mate till just now, may have to catch up on it.

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've watched the first two and I've enjoyed it so far. GCSE kid had no chance in the industry, I just cringed when I saw him. I hope they show an episode where they show how they purchase cars for the dealership. Oh and I couldn't stop laughing when the essex girls came on :lol:

Last edited: Monday 12th Aug, 2013
  4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Indeed. They were such a stereotype that it makes you wonder whether they were planted by the production team!!! Funny and slightly scary at the same time...

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds