General The Evangelists

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SayamaAccord, Saturday 4th Feb, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

The Evangelists is a group of dedicated club members who share the club’s philosophy of appreciation for the history and quality of Honda, and the club’s aims to inform, assist and co-operate with other members in a mature, sensible and respectful way.

Established members who have participated for a sufficient time, and who share the same philosophy and aims, may be invited to become an Evangelist.

The group has its own dedicated sub- forum not openly accessible from the internet, where views are expressed in a robust and direct manner appropriate to an Evangelists-only area, and where technical information not available on open forum can be viewed.

This serves as a way of discussing both general strategy and direction, and specific topics and issues, with openness and honesty. The forum owner and mods can both ask for and be given genuine feedback from key members whenever appropriate and out of the public spotlight.

What is said in The Evangelists, stays in The Evangelists.

And most important of all, we are a group of like-minded friends.

Unlike some similar groups within other internet forums however, there are no secret commercial advantages to belonging to AOC Evangelists, such as access to special parts and servicing deals not available to other members. The superb deals available on the site for established members, are the same as those available to the The Evangelists, Moderators, Super Moderators and Administrator. Consistent with HK’s aims, no member of club takes commercial advantage of their fellow members.

Evangelists are identified as such underneath their names, to the left of their forum posts.

Key members are the lifeblood of any forum, and as such, we are always looking for suitable members to become new Evangelists.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 4th Mar, 2014
    John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to add a little bit to what Cliff has already captured brilliantly. It's to make the process very transparent there are no factions nor little clubs of members with a high post count. A member of AOCE are instrumental for our growth and it's their passion for all things Honda which will bring joy to members...Hopefully we can encourage all members to embrace the AOC philosophy. I hope we see many of you soon at AOCE.

3. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

GOOD HONEST TRUTH
    Thanks to you both honesty is always the best policy and you can't say truer than this.
    Secrets hurt people and that's not what this forum is about its a sharing caring place and one that will flourish into something very big.
    Not the secret service!!!!!!!!

John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just a quick note, members who have been contribution above and beyond the call of duty are being promoted to AOCE. They will be shortly be contacted :Wink:

So if members would like to nominate a member to AOCE and who can fulfil the guidelines stipulated in the first post please drop your nomination to any of the moderators or me if you have to.

MickyB likes this.
  5. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I have to say that this is probably the friendliest forum of which I am a member. On other forums there are members quick to denigrate any opinions or information that you might offer. I certainly would not mention my tow bar problem elsewhere as there would have been wholesale condemnation of Honda, and me for choosing one. Long may this continue.

Ichiban likes this.