Off-Topic The fake jubblies saga. Where do you stand?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Pottermus, Tuesday 24th Jan, 2012.

1. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Should the NHS cover the costs in removing PIP implants?

I was thinking about this whilst listening to a debate on the radio the other day. My initial opinion was that if the clinics are still operating, they should obviously pay for rectification work. As in any other sort of retail sale, a "warranty" (lol) needs to be offered. For those people who have paid a private clinic who is no longer trading, those people paid for them, they should pay for the removal. Why should we pay for them? after all it was probably down to their own vanity in the first place.

Now, listening to a few interviews I'm not so sure. One caller said that, yes, she had them done as she wanted a bigger rack. Although on the flip sideof the coin, the NHS spends millions of pounds treating self induced illness through drink, smoking and drugs. I'm sure these women wouldn't of had the operations if they could of forseen what is happening now, and what pain some of them are suffering.

The only thing that is bugging me is that a lot of them are saying they can't afford the £XXXX cost of the removal surgery.....well, they found the money when they were going in!

2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    i need a breast reduction.............

3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, you are due on court in 25 minutes. So a good thrashing at squash will bring you down a cup.

4. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    best put me training bra on. won't be able see when ime bouncing about the court.

5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

^^^^^^ Just been sick in my mouth....^^^^^

6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think the NHS should cover the removal. If an alcoholic needs a new liver he wouldn't get it, unless you are a famous footballer.
    If the wrong implants have been put in, they must have a legal case against the clinics.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    so if i like kebabs too mutch will the NHS not reduce my cup size? there staring to get in the way when leaning over engine bays. I've tryed bra's but they just don't cut the mustard anymore. all this talk has made me hungry, best finnish off my donner n chips before they go cold!

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Like it !!