Off-Topic the gauntlet is down

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by james m, Thursday 7th Mar, 2013.

1. james m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My little brother has challenged me to a race on his motocross bike. We are thinking of doing a 1/4 mile at a run what ya brung at santa pod his ktm sx200 vs my 6th Generation 1.8is and im game

I predict a win for team accord but do you guys n gals think?

2. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Over a quarter of a mile he will destroy you.Sorry.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I must admit my gut feeling is you're doomed.

4. jaywood Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Brands
    If both are OEM then the little 200cc will win. Power to weight once the tyres stop spinning will always win.
    Nowt like cheering on the underdog so tips and hints will bring your time down.
    Have a pal who can look after your spare wheel, jack,rear seat.
    Anyone know if it'll be worth depowering the ECU for a re-learn?
    Or drop in a stroked V6 along with a devil autobox, bolt on a charger then it'll be a different result. To see what its all about check out the V6 forum. Plenty of those guys drag their cars so there should be some proven advice.
    Best of luck fella

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Depending on the gearing on the KTM motocross he will have you in second gear and leave you for dust..

EDITED didn't see the KTM clearly.

6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Sorry to say the guys are right bud, you won't see him for dust.. Unless you resort to some form of sabotage :Whoosh:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I had a mate want to do this with his 125cc, I knew he'd beat me off the mark but soon as I got to the 40mph range and could best utilise the VTEC - he got left in the dust. 2.4 vs 125cc is a little different than 1.8 vs 200cc mind :Whistle: