Off-Topic The Hardest Decsion I have Had to Make!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Neil, Wednesday 30th Oct, 2013.

1. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    I have been putting this off for a few months now and the time has come to get rid of my beloved Honda Accord which I bought in 2002 for the sum of £3295 with 52,000 miles on the clock.
    Now it only has 66,500 miles.
    Due to the fact that my health is not good and as such I have been living in a dream world in believing that I would be able to drive again this is now not the case for the foreseeable future.
    So I have reluctantly made the decision to sell my Accord, I know it's not worth much and it would break my heart to see it on the road, I have made the decision to scrap her.
    It's not a decision I have made lightly but one that I feel happiest at doing.
    I'm lucky in the fact that I work from home and have no bosses which in some ways is a good thing but my car was my mobility, the way I got out and about.
    Receiving the news last week from my appointment with the Consultant at the hospital finally confirmed my worst fears, that I now have to say goodbye to my "Hon" which is what I called her, daft I know.
    I did want a 4x4 but this isn't going to happen either.
    Maybe one day I will be able drive again just not at the moment. :Sobbing:
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oh man this just sucks,I cannot even imagine what I would do I could not drive a car or ride a motorcycle.

Neil this is not ideal but we are all dealt card in life we don't want to play.. just hope you get back into tip top shape and behind on top of a Honda soon.
    Neil likes this.
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

Sorry to hear that Neil.
    Hope you get better and behind the wheel soon.
    Neil likes this.
  4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Really sorry to here that Neil, I hope your situation improves as time goes on.
    Neil likes this.
  5. Neil Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Neil Newton Abbot
    Thank you for all your kind words of encouragement. :Thumbup:
    I know it sucks when life deals a card that you have no control over but I'm going to try and be positive about getting back onto the road again and it will be in another Honda, as to which model I don't know at the moment although out of personal preference I do like the older models, maybe I will be able to find a mint 2.2 VTEC Accord Automatic or a Coupe.
    Yesterday the wagon came around to pick her up and although the battery was flat, the guy said Honda's always start and with him connecting a booster pack to the battery she fired with first turn of the key, it does say something about Japanese engineering.
    With a friend of mine we removed a few things from the car which the lady from the breakers said I could remove as the Honda was going to be crushed.
    I took off the front number plate for a keepsake as this was my personal plate N33 LTL which actually spells my full name, slightly bad spelling and a couple of letters missing but anyone that knows me recognised it instantly.
    I know one of the questions you maybe thinking is why didn't I transfer the plate, at the time I didn't know what was required legally when I sorned my car, my intention was to only have it sorned for a couple of months but that turned into 9 months then when everything had expired, MOT, Tax and my insurance cover had ran out 6 months later to put the car back on the road was going to cost a lot of money.
    I knew all my brake pads needed replacing as well and when I totted up the cost it came to approximately £750 which was more than the car was worth, I just couldn't justify spending that sort of money.
    Times are hard at the moment and not just for me, so every penny counts plus due to health issues I haven't been able to work very much.

I was upset with seeing my car go, stupid as that they may sound, to me it was a whole lot more than just getting in and driving.
    I have been passionate about cars since I was a child which was all my late Father's fault as he was a car nut as well, so it's his fault! :Smile:

PS: I hope you don't mind I'm going to keep my avatar as my Accord.
  6. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Sorry to hear your news Neil, I am the same with cars I like. I get attached to them and was gutted to see my Accord drive away recently.
    I inherited the same trait from my farther and tend to get quite passionate about my cars, it's not a bad thing..
    Neil likes this.
  7. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    Sad to know about your health and 'Hon'

Hope you're good soon and back behind the steering in no time :Smile:
    Neil likes this.