General The Honda 'Keep Up' advert

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nels, Friday 20th Mar, 2015.

?

What do you think of the 'Keep Up' advert?

1. Love it

9 vote(s)
    64.3%
  2. Indifferent

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Hate it

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Well, this has been on for a little while now. When I first saw it, I wasn't particularly impressed.
    However, having seen it a few more times and stopped to actually look closer, I really like it.
    It is a challenge to 'Keep Up'
    It showcases what's coming in 2015 and I really hope that as the new models are released they follow this theme.

What do you think?
    Please vote.
    It will be interesting to know what you think.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Love the sound of the NSX at the end.

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I didn't like the advert initially, then I saw it again on Sky Sports on TV and it definitely had a bigger impact.

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm with @Ichiban they need stop brand building and start pushing individual cars.

John Dickson likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Oh I agree @SpeedyGee, they do need to push individual cars and key features.
    I am hoping that this is the start of a series. The follow-up adverts should really be for specific cars. Time will tell.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It is growing on me, but the latest adverts just don't compare to those of yesteryear IMHO. I still love this one, "in the key of grrrrr!"

The last CR-V advert was no doubt quite clever, but left me a bit cold - as does "Keep Up" - although I think it is a step in the right direction. I have to admit that the part near the beginning where Asimo runs across does make me smile...:Smile:

John Dickson likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Couldn't agree more @SpeedyGee and @Ichiban This ad does not grab the wavering buyer who may well have just been to look at a Civic and now has the Focus, Astra, golf and Pulsar brochures, along with the Civic brochure and price list :Blushing: on their coffee table. As a new CR-V owner said at work the other day "....but the price of the Civic Tourer...."

This ad does not grab them and tell them why they should go for Honda instead of the rest.

Grrrrr was a great ad and a classic old school Honda ad, like the Cog, Like the Choir, like The power of Dreams

That CR-V ad is only distinctive because it has the music from Get Carter on it.

Instead of jumping on the painted columns (which looks a bit stupid to me) it would've been good (if it was still there) to cash in on the Trinity Square Car Park and do a Promo like Nissan did for the Juke. Just focus on the product itself.

We meet in a pub, HUK sticks a couple of £100 quid behind the bar and we could come up with better than Honda Ad agency at the moment. Stuff brand building (yes you need some but it's approaching overkill now) get the products out and focus on the product. A strong brand with no product focus is almost useless.

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I still think they should do a TV campaign focussed on Honda reliability. If you've got it, flaunt it!

John Dickson likes this.
  9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"If only everything in life was as reliable as a Volkswagen...."

:Drums::Drums::Drums::Drums::Drums::Drums::Drums::Drums:

"Fortunately, not everything in life is as reliable as a Volkswagen...."

Then have pictures of Golfs spontaneously combusting at the side of the road, stats or real life interviews with owners on just how $#!t the DSG gearbox really is.....and then a slogan something like

"Fortunately, not everything in life is as reliable as a Volkswagen.... Honda WhatCar most reliable brand 9 years running!" :Hooray:

:gohonda:

FirstHonda and Duc de Pommfrit like this.
  10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

The really do have to tell people why they should be looking at a Honda. Show them why it's better, shout about the technology, shout about the reliability, shout about the awards they get ! :gohonda:

11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Totally agree @SpeedyGee

It has been discussed on other threads, but Honda need to wake up and sort this out.

Amongst other things, I think they need a campaign that combats the rubbish spoken by large sections of the motoring media. What Car? for instance have a review of the new 2015MY CR-V online - but apart from updating the 'photos, and mentioning the new engine / gearbox combination in the 1.6 I-DTEC, the rest is exactly as it has been since the launch in 2012. Quite apart from the lazy journalism (shock horror!) some of it is garbage - especially with reference to cabin quality.

For those who can control their blood pressure, the What Car? "review" is enclosed below.

Full review of Honda CR V Crossover What Car?

I've done a huge amount of research over the past 3-6 months to make sure I chose the most appropriate car with which to replace my Accord. I don't think I've been biased towards Honda (well, perhaps a bit...). The point is that most of the reviews I have read are rubbish based on my own experiences, and yet those are what a lot of people (maybe even a majority) use to make their choices - even if just the choice of what to go and look at and drive.

If Honda don't mount a counter-offensive through their advertising, then they will continue to be out flanked and risk being caught in a pincer movement between the German "premium" brands and the Korean "value" offerings. (I've been re-watching The World at War this week - can you tell? :Laughing:)

I'll use my Sister and her husband as examples, as I have before. They were Audi devotees (A4 and A6) for years, having quite a few major issues. I tried to get them to look at a Honda, but they initially refused as they said they "...couldn't live with the cheap & nasty interiors." God alone knows where that perception had come from (surely not the motoring media?!), but I finally convinced them to go and look at a CR-V based on seeing my Accord. They couldn't believe it, and bought one almost straight away - and they love it. Where was the Honda advertising to get THEM into a showroom - because there are thousands like them who need to be shown the light.

Sorry for posting a VW advert, but this one drives brand perception AND is model specific. It's a great ad, regardless of what I may think about VW "quality" based on my own experiences...

Last edited: Sunday 22nd Mar, 2015
    AccordCU2 likes this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Completely agree !

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That VW ad clip made me search on line and I found something just like a Golf

dogturd.

:gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha::gotcha:

FirstHonda and SpeedyGee like this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Smells just like a Golf...:Laughing:

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

:Rolf::gotcha::taunt:

16. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    As said in another thread I like it, its a preview/taster ad for the upcoming models, they will do individual adverts for each model when they come out.

17. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    So this is the new advert for the revised and face lifted CR-V i assume.

What yall think? Does it make you want to go and buy one?

18. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

It does nothing for me...:notforme:

19. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No not really. Yet another crap modern Honda ad. :Epic Fail:

Honda ads used to make me proud to own a Honda. Now they are just cringe worthy.