General The Honda Petrol Oil Filter Mega Test

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 26th Jun, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have ordered a few Honda aftermarket filters from @H-Tune yesterday and I am going to start to strip open these new filters and make full comparison with OEM filters for all to see. Just need to order Honda Genuine filters from @Holdcroft Honda

Will keep posting threads as soon as I get all the filters in.

2. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    I'd like to see the difference, do you have any plans to check filtration levels/particle size or just a visual comparison? As I can't find an aftermarket air-filter locally (Honda was looking for 55 euro with none in the European parts network) I ordered a good few air/oil/pollen from JS Asakashi. Found this
    the difference in build quality is pretty wide spread but the video doesn't take into account different filter materials and the ability to trap various sized particles over the lifetime of the filter.

Attached Files:

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    it will be a physical examination there is no way to scientifically test filtration for me to do that,, but your eyes are good enough for this test..

4. H-Tune Performance Parts Trader

You should have a K&N Pro Series and the two variations of HAMP filter with you by Monday, went out with Royal Mail 48 yesterday :Thumbup:

Ichiban likes this.
  5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm really interested to see the results of this, was kinda a spur of the moment thought on the phone when CJ was talking about his Jazz's JDM OEM filter versus the EDM Purflex he's used to.

I think so far for the panel we have:
    • European OEM
    • Japanese OEM
    • S2000 OEM (USA)
    • HAMP Standard
    • HAMP Shortie
    • K&N Pro Series
    I think we should throw a Halford's filter and a Mugen filter into the mix too mate, I'm really keen to get some definitive comparisons done once and for all :Smile:

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    How about an ebay special as well, just to show that some things should not be bought off ebay

Chunkylover53 and DeviateDefiant like this.
  7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just ordered a few more up to CJs:
    • Mugen
    • Unipart
    • Mahle
    • Blue Print
    Then CJ's going to nip by Halford's for one of their renowned branded filters.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Halfrauds special too has to be in the test ..:money:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have a JDM fake Honda filter which are sold via Ebay so that too will be in the test.

Nighthawk likes this.
  10. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bet one of the Honda filters comes out top

Nighthawk likes this.
  11. Superman001 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Paisley
    Very interested to hear your findings CJ, personally I have always used Hamp filters and done oil and filter changes every 6k.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Quick update the oil filters are assembling, The mugen, halfords and genuine Honda filters are pending.

IMG_3085.JPG