General The Honda Sale

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Friday 17th Aug, 2012.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just received two postcards regarding the Honda sale which start from today the 17th August till the 31st August.

I also came across a full page newspaper advert too, which brought a smile as a loyal Honda customer :Smile:.its high time Honda did something to address the lack of coverage other than Channel four documentaries.Honda UK social media coverage is pretty strong but the conversion ratio from those efforts are debatable to an end customer like me. I for one have been very critical of the fact if you ever go into a Honda dealer lately they are like ghost towns with the only customers in are service waiting area for their cars.

There is no incentive to visit the Honda dealership...finally Honda Sales addressed and may re-engage their sleeping customers. :Thumbup:

New cars don't sell via social media,they facilitate the decisioning making process before getting the Honda you want.Sales directly via social media has not gone viral yet, you still have to go into a dealership to complete the transaction and even get behind the car for a simple test drive. You have you go back to basics.. So good for Honda to act on this get people involved, it high time someone at Honda UK is actually listening to what customers want.Honda UK motorcycles recently did the same with a celebration of the 20 anniversary CBR 1000RR.

Additionally I have heard on the grapevine Honda also will embark on this new dealership experienced audio visual experience. They are even experiment with scents which are conducive for people to remain in the dealership longer. A children section are also in the plans to take the children away so the adults can sit with the sales person with their undivided attention on the table to do the paper work and strike the deal.

Interesting time for Honda, and I am happy to see this change.

One major criticism yet again no Accord picture on the postcard or any of the promotion pictures for this sale , just Swindon made Honda's you would assume there was a concerted effort to dig up the grave and kill the Accord for good. Honda UK stop this bias toward the Honda Accord even a child can whiff your resentment towards it.

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

After this post, I am actually off to my dealer too and see what the crack is.

I had the same postal stuff about two weeks ago but didnt think about it till I saw this post!

3. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Interesting points - would like to see how this pans out.. is there still this (wrong) image that Honda is for `old`people though??? that its

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

People who assume Honda is a maker for "old" people need a slap.

So what if the average age of the Jazz driver is 60-odd. It just proves that older people are astute and see beyond the badge and want robustness and reliability and quality engineering. I won't lie, up until this Accord, I had never thought twice about Honda's. But ever since the 8th Generation arrived on the scene, I was and still am utterly besotted. Anyone who criticises Honda either knows nothing about them or is plain retarded.

I'll let people decide for themselves which side of the fence they're on.

(Let me add the caveat that unless I find another wife who has more money than sense and can buy me a Lamborghini Aventador, then my next and future cars will ONLY be Honda. Preferably built in Japan).

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yes just because your old and drive a Honda does not equate to boring,infact it the opposite as your have rightly said.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I still consider myself to be young. And I bought a Honda.

Big deal.

I'd rather buy a kitted out Honda with reliability and features that no other car maker has even dreamt of yet than buy a poverty-spec Audi/BMW or electrical fault-ridden junk from Mercedez. I'd rather buy a Kia than have any garbage from Germany.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    ^^ LOL

I have been driving Honda since I was 18 does that make me old .. age is an exterior image it how young inside make the difference.

BTW guys sign up at this link Win a Honda | Honda (UK) and get your code via text or email to enter your name into the competition . Then you have to go into the dealership and present it to the staff to get into the main draw.

Good luck.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well, I gave my text code to my dealer and I have won a YEARS FREE golfing!

:Aghast::Happy:

Primarycare likes this.
  9. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Damn, I can't enter!

A years free Golf would be just the ticket.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lucky sod I need to go to a dealer before all these prizes go .congrats buddy

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was expecting maybe a key fob or a pen. Stunned!

cr@p and I have no golf sticks, I've asked for the gift to be given to my old man. He's got all the bats, rackets, shuttlecocks and whatever other nonsense golf involves so thats his Xmas pressie sorted! :Rolf:

Ichiban likes this.
  12. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Maybe something is brewing, such as Acura Europe.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I hope they do... I wish the Japanese government does something to devalue the yen to make the exports more profitable , until then manufactured goods from Japan are being sold at a loss.