The joy of cold weather

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2007-2015)' started by Eck, Monday 16th Nov, 2015.

1. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank goodness it has now become consistently below 7 deg C.

Winter wheels/tyres fitted.
    Smoother more comfortable ride.
    Better steering.

If only Honda could just add a little to seats, suspension, whatever it takes to turn the cars (Accord if still sold) into proper comfortable ride that winter tyres seem to convert them too - it must be a tiny tweek to seat finish would do the trick??

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Are you going from low profile tyres to higher profile tyres?

3. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

No, why should tyre size change, we are not exotic drivers???

4. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    He's asking because a higher profile would provide that bit more comfort your talking about lol,
    Aren't winter tyres supposed to be made out of a slightly more flexible rubber? Maybe that's why

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

The ride on my Accord was much softer with Winter tyres fitted.

No need down here at the moment though, it was 15 degrees Celsius when I left the house at 06.00 this morning...:Grin:

6. Eck Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

yep we all know (or should do) the attributes of different tyres types but the main point is Honda are missing having their cars being noted for comfort by what must be a simple change to some of the cars set up, detail design.
    Great being reliable - I have had about 14, but now- a-days too many other car makers fit that description and the other differences are counting.
    Honda sells two cars in the UK - CR-V and Jazz and that will not long term be commercial just based on reliability!

Just back from Canada where Honda enormous - up until now but KIA, Hyndia making great inroads - enournaous amount of them on road.

Honda Canada selling fantastic range of all cars - including a fabulous accord coupe and other variations on Civic not seen here.

I think I have finally lost my infatuation due to poor model selection here, extremely bad paint, poor ride, and a general feeling they are just not listening to a very valuable British customer base.

Besides if they can literally throw away money on a daft plane that will not sell and also on F1 to embarrass themselves with lack of preparation and testing whilst others are satisfying their core business of car making, time for a change!!

Emmerdale likes this.