Legend/4th Gen The Legend Appreciation Thread

Discussion in '4th Generation (2004-2012) [Acura RL]' started by Ichiban, Saturday 26th Nov, 2011.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For all those Legend lovers waiting in the wing for their dream car, this should kick start your imagination for that one special day.

Honda Legend Brochure

The brilliant SH-AWD system which will one day see light on other Honda's.

Last edited by a moderator: Saturday 22nd Feb, 2014
  2. Amin exr Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very nice new legend but to new for me. Always like the gen 1 legend coupe.

3. Maintenanceman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Finland Henri Pälkäne
    That video shows nicely how SH-AWD works.
    But, i havent found anywhere explanation how that SNOW (there is button for that on the dashboard) mode effects to the system.
    manual says only that it helps when it is very slippery and it is on when driving straight and the speed is under 80 or 100 km/h (don't remember exactly).
    Feels and seems that it is providing power only between rear and front axles, not between individual wheels, just like rear and front diffs were locked.

4. shayequr01 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

legend coupe all the way. What a beautiful car. I had the chance to buy one but opted for a mr2 (i was 19). Now that i'm a little bit mature (27) would have a legend over an mr2 any day of the week

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Somehow I missed this thread before.

Great info, boy would love to have a Legend.

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Threads like this are a nightmare! Have now also been looking at Legends online...but really fancy an old 4x4...along with lots of other cars (some nice old Preludes around, always liked those). So tempting...

...but under pressure to get a new kitchen instead of (another) car.:Aghast:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For the eagle-eyed members in that clip SH-AWD prototype testing where based on Accord chassis :Smile:so Honda could have given the car this technology if they wanted.

Please Honda on the 9th Generation bring this technology back.

8. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Honda do a 4WD Accord and did the 7th Generation with 4WD, here's one having a play in the snow

Honda Accord 4WD - YouTube

I would love a Legend, the running costs wouldn't really bother me as I only do 4k a year. However as getting all my fishing tackle in the 7th Generation Tourer is a bit of a squeeze without dropping the seats it's a non-starter :Sobbing:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Haha, that's funny to watch, I'm sat here thinking hmmm my car couldn't do that at all LOL

4WD would have been handy with the winter we've just had.