Bikes The Magnificent Honda Blackbird

Discussion in 'Sports Tourer' started by ricksmith, Friday 18th Apr, 2014.

1. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

This is my mate bike, just wanted to share this with you all.
    DSCN6756.JPG DSCN6753.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

Mike c and AccordCU2 like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Stunning and beautifully kept blackbird, some money has been spent on that ride:Wub::Wub::Wub::Wub::Wub::Wub::Wub:. I will wait for you to list all the mods on that stunning ride.

I do have a sweet spot of the MSX125 Grom,its the mordern age Monkey bike :Hooray:if you mate wants custom bits for it look no further than tyga performance they have a superb collection of tweaks and mods for the MSX.It’s a tuning outfit run by brit expact based in Thailand and I cam 100% recommend them as I have a few bits from them for my bike.:Niceone:

3. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all
    This is my good friends bike. He has had it from new 2002. It was originally silver but a few years ago had a dream machine paint job to copy the brilliant old80's icon the cb1100r.
    Anyway I would guess there is nobody on here could guess the mileage of this old bird. .......go on have a guess.

4. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi cj
    Roger is well informed re his msx and has lots and lots of trick bits on it. Not shown on photo this was when he first got it I believe.
    The bird is standard apart from paint and pipes. He still has originals in his loft. It may have a beefed up rectifier and I think thats it.
    Rick

5. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

nice looking bit of kit!!
    On average most bikers with kit like that tend to use them as garage ornaments and I guess as it's 12 years old, probably no more than 18K. Please prove me wrong! :Photographer:

6. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi steve
    You are sooooooo wrong. Add another 100k and you are nowhere near. Have another go.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wow 150 k miles on a bike and it looks that stunning .

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one I know the feeling..I can't ride stock bike. That swingarm is not stock and the can very nicely modded.

9. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Hi cj
    150k is way out..... try a few thou short of 200k. Original motor.
    usual servicing nothing over the top and it will still just about smash through the national speed limit......

Ichiban likes this.
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Your mate needs the Hondakarma gold medal for outstanding motorcycle craft and going above and beyond the call of Honda duty. Just made my day thank you for sharing the thread . There is a few cars with a 200k here a bike doing that is staggering.

11. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi cj
    I will pass on your kind words.
    regards
    rick

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not a bike guy, but both of them look stunning.