Off-Topic The menace of sheds on wheels .

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Saturday 28th Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    its time these sheds are taxed,registered and have yearly MOTs, how on earth can this farce carry on for . I will vote for any party to banish these sheds into the history books :lol:

BBC News - Caravan 'can't be towed away'

2. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Northern Ireland Pete Belfast, UK
    link not working dude

EDIT: Please tell me it is something anti-caravan :Grin:

Last edited: Saturday 28th Dec, 2013
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  4. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

hahahahahaha, that is genius - parking on the same street as the wardens HQ

I am all for removing caravans from our roads, but that to me is comedy genius

5. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    As it's not insured why doesn't someone just burn it. The owner won't be able to afford to replace it then lol.

If this is a joke on the parking attendants then it's funny but I get the impression it's more a case of the owner has nowhere to store it.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  6. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I have a tourer and it is and always is insured, in the closed season I keep it on my own property and before I use it in the open season I go over it with the idea that if its going to be hooked up to my car i don't want any sht happening when I reach max speed. 1. tyres 2. suspension 3. towing gear 4. chassis 5. lights 6. brakes and that's just the outside so the people who do the stuff in this topic are either idiots or were not planning for it to end the way it has. I bet there are other owners here who will be of the same opinion. :Search:by the way you don't want to know my max speed :Smile:

Last edited: Saturday 28th Dec, 2013
  7. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I also have a caravan that is stored on my property, It is serviced every year so is totally roadworthy. Why the anti-caravan bias? One problem is the mimser who drives well below the speed limit on a single carriageway and you are unable to overtake. Another is the driver who wilfully refuses to overtake, thus causing a hold up behind you. If I see vehicles behind me I slow down to let them get past, but there is always one who just slows down and remains behind. When it is difficult for others to get past I pull in as soon as possible.

Incidentally, I drive to the relevant speed limit so others behind me are usually breaking the law. My car is more than capable of towing the caravan without any problems.

8. PeteMM Premium Member Club Supporter

Just to clarify, I am not anti-caravan, just anti-caravanner :Tongue:

You know yourself, you may be the best caravan tower in the world, you will still get tarred with the same brush all those other completely useless specimens of humanity get hit with, simply because they are nothing more than a danger to society whilst on the road.

9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Means the same thing. The majority of caravanners are fine.

10. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I used to slow down or pull in when towing to let cars pass but after a couple of times I stopped as after letting cars pass me I found that the same cars were holding me up:Tea:

11. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    How do you know it's not insured? Perhaps he's waiting for someone to do him a favour.

candobill likes this.
  12. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

13. I just don't get what is wrong with staying in hotels :lol:

14. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    The beauty of a caravan is the comfort and freedom that it offers. Caravanning is not a cheap means of having a holiday and you are not beholden to anyone. It is a lot cheaper to go on a package holiday if that is what you want.

15. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

my caravan is my hotel on wheels and I can take it to lots of locations when ever I want and know I won't be disappointed by the accommodation or service :Happy::Happy:

16. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Henry in France. Henry & Chas in FRance. And I can take my dogs with me. This was Henry and Charley in France last year.

17. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    As you probably know with caravans and motor homes when they're not being used they have to be kept in a location which is declared on the insurance policy when the policy's taken out i.e. on a driveway or in a secure compound. 'Ditched on the street' is probably not stated on the insurance certificate. So if it was insured it would be invalidated anyway. Which would lead me to believe that rather than insure the vehicle then invalidate it, wasting money, the van probably just isn't insured in the 1st place.

18. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    That's not necessarily the case. My insurance policy merely states that the caravan is stored at my premises. That could mean anything: outside my house or actually on my drive. That caravan is probably parked near enough to his home. My car insurance asks where my car is normally kept, and mentions specifically if it is garaged. Caravan insurance is not as specific as that, unless the 'van is kept in storage, when the insurance company requires details of the storage compound.