Body, Paint & Styling The mysterious hook

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ACC-CDI-2T, Friday 11th Jan, 2013.

1. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Does anybody know the reason / function of this "mysterious" hook / nose, which is fixed at the A-pillar of all 03-08 Accords with exception of the I-CTDI ? (e.g. my car has no one ...)

-- > see attached picture

mysterious-hook.

2. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I could be mistaken but I think it is a glass guide to make sure the glass slots home if the window is being operated at high speed, therefor high wind.

Regards,

Ivor.

3. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    Hmmh, possible, but all CN´s / I-CTDI´s have got no one - that makes no sense - the difference in top speed is not soooo big ... :Whoosh:

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It's for tying balloons onto. Simples!

5. kebab New Member Getting Started

Its not just hondas they are fitted to.

I always thought it was to stop the trail of water moved but the windscreen wipers from streaming across the side windows.

6. jayok Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Basically, they are there to ensure that the windows goes back into its position when moved up. The reason being at high-speed the pressure difference between the inside and outside of the glass can be enough to push the windows outwards. The make sure it sits back in. Why isn't it on the diesel? Perhaps the cabin air system is different on the diesel?

7. ACC-CDI-2T Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Cologne
    I´m not 100% sure, but I think the cabine air system is the same ... I´ve only one logical explanation - the blind and deaf filling station attendant palpates the hook to identify the petrol ...:lol: :Smile:

Last edited: Monday 14th Jan, 2013
  8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Lots of cars have them,its to guide the glass in when it could be moved out by the wind at high speed.

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The official description appears to be: CLIP, FR. DOOR GLASS GUIDE if this helps.