Official Honda The next step in Honda's resurgence: Civic Hatchback and Type-R Prototype take centre stage...

Discussion in 'News Feeds' started by Honda UK News, Thursday 29th Sep, 2016.

1. Honda UK News Auto-Generated News Feed

Following the successful launch of a refreshed automobile range in 2015, Mondial de L’Automobile 2016 has seen Honda unleash its latest salvo of new products for Europe. President and Chief Operating Officer of Honda Motor Europe, Katsushi Inoue, and Senior Vice President, Philip Ross, unveiled the new Civic Hatchback and Civic Type-R Prototype, whilst celebrating a year of strong European sales growth for the Japanese marque.
    _HK_STEP_IN_HONDA_S_RESURGENCE_CIVIC_HATCHBACK_AND_TYPE_R_PROTOTYPE (1). _HK_STEP_IN_HONDA_S_RESURGENCE_CIVIC_HATCHBACK_AND_TYPE_R_PROTOTYPE (2). _HK_STEP_IN_HONDA_S_RESURGENCE_CIVIC_HATCHBACK_AND_TYPE_R_PROTOTYPE (3).
    Continue reading...

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hand over heart how many of our @Members think that car is European styled car , it looks like a north American styled concept which is now the world car.

Its looks like the North America Civic Si rebranded to me

1024px-2015_Honda_Civic_Si_Coupe_Orange.JPG

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I don't think it's either Euro or American, it's a very Japanese looking car, the new Type-R looks almost manga like. Love the new Civic and I can see myself in one at some point, seems like a great car on paper. The 10th Generation CTR however is very unHonda like, looks more like a Subaru Impreza with the heavy brash lines and bodykits.

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Now that looks lovely. Well done Honda

5. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think this will get pulses racing

K24 CL9 GUY and Bones126 like this.
  6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't know whether it's the pictures or not, but it looks like a 4x4.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh, and them dresses aren't nearly as short as they should be for promo girls.

copytron and Nighthawk like this.
  7. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is this the American version? I saw an article a few days back with the new American Civic Saloon.

9. Moss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Type-R, it looks sporty and quick; also looks uncomfortable. But must admit it's eye catching.

10. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    It seems to be sitting quite high and the high waistlines and long face and chunky lines do make it look a little big in the pictures, I reckon in real life it will look better proportioned.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yeh it's the current 9th Generation USDM version.

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    The car that nearly sunk the Civic brand in US. Honda revised the requirements for this model thinking after the credit crunch people wouldn't want a very quality product and boy they were wrong. They were caught completely off guard and got so much thrashing that they completely revised it with in 1 year of model launch with better quality materials.

exec likes this.
  12. Sb194114 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Sb194114 Edinburgh
    I was in my local ho da garage and saw the euro Type-R it looks mean also noticed the rear door handles are different from the one in tbe video they were positioned like the 8th Generation one next to the rear window

13. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    The amount of plastics in the bumpers is a letdown, at least for me. The rest looks quite good. I'm looking forward for the estate, that's the one I would be interested in.

14. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    The video is of 10th Generation Civic which is yet to launch in U.K. What you saw was 9th Generation

15. Sb194114 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah i didnt notice that until after i had posted the reply but thanks for clearing that up

16. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    I just don't like the arse on it, other than that I think it's okay.

17. Sb194114 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

But you don't look at the back when you are driving it and when driven correctly you will mever be close enough to see it if your following one

18. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    Looking forward to these on the car benefit scheme. Still got close to 12 months to go so hoping there will be an estate of some sort amongst Hondas line up.

MickyB and legend-ary like this.