General The OCD list

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Thursday 6th Nov, 2014.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    So, I thought, just a bit of harmless fun, who here is rather OCD over their cars? Want all parts to be genuine or fitted correctly even if the install won't be seen, perfectly clean, get excited over perfect water droplets forming on their freshly polished bonnet etc. I must say, I hit all of the above.

So, definitely me, I can think of a few others in here as well that should probably go on this list :Laughing:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Me too for the above mentioned OCD triggers , additional ones removing bolts and nuts and leaving no witness mark on them,so you when you look at them they look factory fresh and untouched. Bolts and nut head to have symmetry when looked at so two adjacent one will look the same to the eye , plastic clips have to be all facing the same way. Cable tie clamp holders have to be hidden from view all you see is the band. Wires have to be routed in such a manner you can't see them.

Remove components off any mechanical related items go into small boxes in a big tray so you can put the same nuts and bolts and part back to the same part like it was from the factory. if you have difficult in removing an part look into buying a factory tool or seeking advise how to remove it without damaging it, all nuts and bolts when torqued have a paint part mark to show its torqued and a safety reference.

Clean the areas no on sees expect me, replace parts with brand new one even if it got the smallest imperfection. Buy the best of everything , sh1t gear not allowed haven't got the money for the good stuff save for it quickly so you can sleep better.:Icecream:

That is just scratching the surface will update the list as it comes to me.

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Let me just look up the number for the people in white coats :Tongue:

Bones126 and Chunkylover53 like this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As Helen tell me you need a straight jacket and under her breath geek. :professor:

5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

How many of you are on meds for this condition? :professor:

Bones126 likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Even the temple of VTEC booted me out. Lost count of meds mate but must stop sniffing petrol,.

Nels likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sniffing petrol. No first pass reduction, straight to the brain. :PullFaces:
    I prefer inhaling cognac. :stretcher:

8. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not that bothered about my Accord, but I lose sleep over my Capri if something isn't quite right.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Afraid I'm in...my MINI has to be spotless, outside, inside, door shuts, engine...even underside. That's why she doesn't get driven in the rain...:help:

Not quite so bad with my Accord, but still need it to look right. So door shuts, wheel arches, under the bonnet...uh-oh :Whiteflag:

Is it just me, but when I have a courtesy car that isn't clean inside (as I have today), I want to give it a quick vacuum...

10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I feel the same to do the same to my work cars as well....

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Courtesy/Hire cars have to be clean on the inside. Won't have a dirty cabin.

12. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Thinking about it - and probably very worrying - I always like to keep the climate temperature in my Accord on even numbers...:help:

Is therapy expensive?

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If we club together, we'd get trade discount, or better still, the NHS could just allocate us or own therapist. I'm sure we could keep them fully occupied. :crazyeyes: