General the office car park... made me chuckle..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by philoldsmobile, Wednesday 1st May, 2013.

1. philoldsmobile Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

there are four cars parked in one of the areas in our office car park - two honda Accords, one Citroen C1 diesel and a VW golf, all standard stuff. When I though t about it hough, they are all exceptional world beaters one way or another.

The VW Golf is one of the best selling and longest running cars ever built
    The Citroen is one of the most economical cars in the world (about 80 MPG)
    The Honda Accord is one of the most reliable cars in the world.

Funny how these most normal of cars were in one way or another all exceptional. What other standard but amazing vehicles do you see around?

2. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    There's a few new BMW 320D ED cars parked next to me and I have to admit that considering their CO2 Emissions figure is 109 g/km and their MPG is rated at 68 MPG, being able to do 0-60mph in 7.7 seconds is pretty impressive, I can't think of many other mass produced cars that can achieve this?

As for the reliability of this engine, I wouldn't know. The interior is falling apart in one of them though.

3. bijomaru Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Rob Swindon
    There's a R reg Honda Civic in our car park. The interior has fallen apart. So it the bodywork, with some spaces filled out with masking tape to keep it falling apart.

Mechanically? This guys has been driving it for around 3 years now and apart for some maintenance now and then, exhaust box replaced and him forgetting to put the oil cap on after topping up, it's been giving him no headaches!

:Crazy:

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I think you'd struggle to find a BMW that can achieve this! German car statistics are heavily massaged.

5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

TBH our car park has quite a few Honda's followed by BMW & VW

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I am the only Honda in the car park at work we only have 3 cars on a good day.:Wink:

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Mine is the only Honda in the works car park as well, which I'd never noticed before. The others are either Volvo's, French or German cars.

When my car passed it's MOT with no advisories for the 3rd year in a row I did take great pleasure in rubbing it in at work and telling them they should have bought Japanese cars. :Smile:

8. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im the same my boss drives a jag xf sv8 and comments how can I afford to run my accord for deliverys when the other drivers have 3 206s a hyundai and a vx corsa. The thing is they have to rag there cars to keep up with me cruising lol

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    Do they provide their own figures or are they independently tested by the same testing body? The latter would make more sense as the former would be madness!

10. deano24v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

kent
    I'm fortunate enough to work somewhere with lots of exotica in the car park.latest editions are 458's,McLarens,plenty of Porsches astons etc.

11. avander.uk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ooooooooooowwww cheese baguette lol not that exotic in glasgow we still run around in p reg astras and xr3is!!