Off-Topic The Sunglasses thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 5th Aug, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since its summer and I lost my shades in Tenerife, I am on the hunt for some proper shades.I have Oakleys all my life but I kind like the look of Rudy project all the motoGP boys are wearing it.

Whats are your shades like?

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    I have a pair of Tom Ford liked Daniel Craig wears in Skyfall, this is my second pair as I sat on my first pair the day before our last meet. Sold the damaged pair for £80 on ebay ! :smoke:

Ichiban likes this.
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    When I was a kid I asked my Dad why he never wore sunglasses and never used the sun visor, he said after his years travelling Africa his eyes got used to the glare. So I've never worn them, and tbh now I don't need them.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The UV will damage your eyes.
    Your eyes can cope with some permanent macular damage, but there is a threshold level at which you will notice the loss of vision.
    It is worth getting a pair of decent sunglasses with UV protection. :beach:

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Shades are vital piece of kit mate, you only have one pair of eyes. I think I will order a pair of Pudy Projects they just look so cool.

Nels likes this.
  6. DaBlackOne Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Helen La la land
    I am on my second pair of Ray Ban aviators. They come with UV protection and are really well made.... Unless you sit on them.... Which is what I did with first pair :shock:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That's the way many glasses/sunglasses go. :Whistle:

DaBlackOne likes this.
  8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ray Ban Aviator had them a long time well made.

9. DaBlackOne Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Helen La la land
    They are! Top notch! Unless you sit on them! My first pair ended up as bent as a Banana! I'd hooked them over my back pocket!

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

mine are fine only problem is I need my normal glasses to drive with so instead of going for prescription sun glasses I wear my Bans over my normal glasses:beach: