General The things people try to sell!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by qc2, Wednesday 13th Apr, 2016.

1. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    Was having a look on ebay to see whether it was worth clearing some old tyres from the garage. Judging by some ads I've seen I could sell absolutely everything!

Bald tyre anyone?

jimjams and Sadsack like this.
  2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Could turn it into a nice plant pot :Unknown:

MickyB and exec like this.
  3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Some fool will buy it and use it no doubt. Ebay is full of idiots the amount of times I have sold good stuff and they've gone for pennies, yet I see people selling utter shite and getting loads of bids.

DrSam likes this.
  4. Sadsack Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mo Cheshire
    I only started using ebay recently. When I moved into the new house and having it renovated I managed to sell the kitchen, toilets, sinks, a bath, shower stuff, doors and so much other stuff! !!

The one thing I'm embarrassed about putting on there was......an unused Minnie mouse potty.....looking back that was pathetic!

Anyway had enough of it now so more ebay! Yay!

exec likes this.
  5. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

My brother sold some old duvets.....who on earth would buy them

exec likes this.
  6. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

some things defy all logic. i've had many a bargain but have also sold some things stupidly cheap

exec likes this.
  7. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I once bought genuine carpet mats for 3 door Yaris in good condition for £2 once. Paid cash on pickup..
    haha the funniest part was I asked my cousin to pick them up for me as they were close to his and he thought I was messing about when I told him how much he needs to pay the guy !:Wink:

exec likes this.
  8. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I bought a 32" Panasonic TV (CRT) with surround system for £1. The bloke gave me the stand for free. I laughed all the way home, used it once then sold for £50.

exec likes this.
  9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I sold a computer case, motherboard and CPU for 99p! The guy who picked it up gave me £2 coin, must have been out of pity! :Sorry: The frustrating thing is when I've tried buying stuff they always go for silly money, like the one time I tried buying a broken graphics card, it sold for half the price it was new! I've become bitter :Angry: that when i've been ripped off on ebay....when sold counterfeit stuff....even though they cost only couple of quid I always demand full refund, can't stand scammers.

I stopped selling certain things since they kept going for pennies and were more hassle than worth. Now I set any auctions starting price at the minimum price I want for them has worked well so far and set postage fees a bit higher to compensate the ridiculous ebay fees, but it can take longer to sell things.

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

I've stopped selling mobiles on ebay. One asked me to send it to a shopping centre in Nigeria as he was on holiday, then ebay informed me that the account was hacked and do not send the item. Then someone wanted money off as the screen was broken, it wasnt and when I asked them to return it they never replied.

exec likes this.
  11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I once bought a mobile off eBay that never arrived probably cause seller didn't want to sell that cheap so they reported it as lost in post and refunded me the money.

exec likes this.
  12. AndyB1976 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Aberfoyle

01-08 Honda Jazz , Front Brake Disc , Drivers Side (USED) £15 + £8post :salute:

exec, jimjams and legend-ary like this.
  13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

haha I wonder why you wouldn't buy a new one for £20? The fossilized pad has certainly left its mark on this one.

exec and jimjams like this.
  14. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    eBay can be madness. I've just changed my camera (new) for less than used ones are fetching on eBay and I can sell the kit lens that comes with it for about £70!

exec likes this.
  15. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

when I was using Kenwood head units in my old Civics, I remember swapping out my bluetooth module for a newer one. I sold the old module (no box or manuals) for £10 more than i got the newer one for (boxed, pristine). All in the space of a couple of days

exec likes this.
  16. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

@SpeedyGee found this CTR head and cams proudly displayed on a bed of gravel and mud.

exec likes this.
  17. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes

Anyone want to buy a jar of soil?

"Jar of British Soil collected from the protected Leighwood forest that has the most densest trees that produce high oxygen count located in 'most eco friendly' Bristol city "

A measly £40 :Whistle:

If you really wanted to spoil yourself, you could buy this too -

A jar of air to go with your jar of soil

"Jar of absolute purest British Air collected from the protected Leighwood forest that has the most densest trees that produce high oxygen count located in 'most eco friendly' Bristol city"

jimjams, MickyB and legend-ary like this.
  18. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

"Fresh air captured on the day of purchase from the beautiful fresh county of Hertfordshire, England"

This is taking the biscuit surely

jimjams and legend-ary like this.
  19. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Talking about absurd things... Found this in my Facebook feed.. apparently listing has been taken down but bidding went quite high

12961485_10153985868026136_6021637753955132507_n. 12974403_10153985868016136_6148922620082285509_n.

exec, SpeedyGee and MickyB like this.
  20. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Didn't you know they make a Jazz 3 wheeler. :Rolf:

exec likes this.