Show Us Your Car The Tumbler

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 16th Apr, 2016.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Massive thanks to the Holdcroft Group as always for this machine. Came with the balance of the service pack remaining, just needs a clean up to m standard tomorrow if the weather holds out.

EX 2.2 I-DTEC Auto. Never knew how much fun paddle shifting could be!

Opted against the Black Edition because it lacked keyless entry, HID lights, power tailgate, perforated leathers, heated seats. Made up with the car. Wife thinks I am nuts, but then that's nothing new :Fear:

ZAZ1.

ZAZ2.

ZAZ3.

ZAZ4.

ZAZ5.

Managed a healthy 52mpg+ on the drive home...not far off what I was getting with the manual.

And below are a couple of courtesy shots of the Civic Type-R. Looks amazing in the flesh, but then again, it is supposed to look good isnt it!

I hope Honda ditch the 5-door for the 10th Generation and go back to a 3-door model. Its a lot of car for the money, but sadly, I don't think the British pot-holed roads would be very kind to those wafer thin tyres!

ZAZ6.

ZAZ7.

Rob T, Ichiban, SpeedyGee and 4 others like this.
  2. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Good choice TDK. All the extras make it look like the All Black Edition. Looks fab!

3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Congrats so it is like the Black Edition but with none of the stuff missing.

4. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I didn't realise the Black Edition lacked the heated seats...poor show!

Are you planning the full 'stealth' look with some black alloys too?

5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This car came with the 19" Orion wheels, but I kept my 18" EX wheels instead. The ride on the 19" was awful, plus the tyres concerned me - I know that the low profile of the tyres would result in changing them a lot sooner and for more cost versus keeping the 18" ones.

The ride on the standard 18" wheels, I find, is perfect.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Yup thats right :Niceone:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ I always tell my girlfriend that an extra inch doesn't make any difference. Turns out maybe she is right and I am wrong...

:lol:

TheDarkKnight and MickyB like this.
  7. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Congrats on the new car. You seem to be going through Hondas quicker than a fat kid goes through cake! :Grin:

I like the colour coded plastic trim. Very nice! You lucky sod you've even got the door protectors too! Have you the illumination pack as well?

Do you have any other plans for it? I think you've got most of the accesories:Niceone:

52 MPG in an 2.2 auto is great. Id be interested in what you'd get on slightly more urban trips.

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

9. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is why I love @Racy Jace -right now I feel like a fat kid eating lots of cake!

No illumination pack but it does weirdly have the external lights under the sills/side steps. Illumination pack is next up on the list.

LOL, dirty sod! But yeh, she is right, the 18" works better than the 19" wheels. I was tempted to keep the 19s and then trade them on here, but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle to be honest. So advanced apologies to any possible would-be buyers!

I am in the market for the facelift EX 18" wheels as they have a good degree of black in them. So if you see any about, please let me know!
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thank you sir! Hope your current CR-V is giving you as much joy now as your last one made you upset :Niceone:

Racy Jace likes this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

They come up quite often @TheDarkKnight - as I understand the new design hasn't been that popular, leading to quite a few customers replacing them with option wheels from new. Funnily enough, when I picked up my pre-facelift last year, a customer taking delivery of a facelift asked if we could swap wheels...and he wasn't the first I hear!

These are what you are after, just not with the ridiculous price! Bear in mind I only paid £250 for a full set of unused Lyra alloys, so be patient and something will turn up at the right price.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Or you could see whether the wheels on a breaker like this are undamaged - even if you got two of three first, then others as they come up?

11. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I've heard the same, but many will regret going to the lower profile 19"'ers when they realise how often they go through tyres! (And lets be honest, at 19", the prices aren't cheap and many will opt for cheaper tyres rather than the more expensive ones, leading to even quicker tyre degradation).

Thanks also for the link - at that price, I'd want them with tyres. Unjustifiable price. Like you say, will have to be a bit patient and then sting like a viper when I see a decent set!

Last edited: Sunday 17th Apr, 2016
    FirstHonda likes this.
  12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice CR-V @TheDarkKnight .
    Can't keep up with you changing cars.Accord CR-V lol.

These looks like a bargain

13. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I tell the wife the only reason I change cars often is because I can't change her that often! LOL :Rolf:

Thanks for the link bro - I have those wheels already. It was the facelift EX ones in the link by @FirstHonda which I am on the prowl for.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Congrats TDK, looks class !

15. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks @SpeedyGee

Got to get a new horn for it first. Still cannot fathom why Honda equipped such a big car with the horn off a girls tricycle. Its embarrassing in the extreme!

16. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Bean counters had their way again !!

FirstHonda likes this.
  17. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I now have a mental image of one of the responsible accountants crossing the road in Swindon while looking at their smartphone...a CR-V is bearing down on them...the driver hits the horn...but it is so feeble that they don't hear it, and are run over.

That would be real Honda Karma.

:Laughing:

Rob T and SpeedyGee like this.
  18. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

:lol:

19. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I can get them cheaper :Wink:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Hang on a minute TDK car swap history.

PFL 8th Generation Accord Black> CR-V 4th Generation Black>Another 8th Generation Colour which I forget> New an Auto box CR-V. in Black... see a pattern developing.

Racy Jace likes this.
  20. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Email me a price please on the MY2015 18" EX wheels when you have time Sir!

I think the list goes - 8th Generation Accord/CR-V 4th Generation/8th Generation Accord (Volcano Grey)/CR-V 4th Generation/CRV4th Gen (Autobox) - again!

BTW, @Racy Jace - I need to visit you again at some point so you can drill out the footwell lights for me please! You are a star!

Racy Jace likes this.