Daily Driver The wagon

7th Generation (2003-2008) vehicle added by StuH, Friday 25th Mar, 2016

1. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
  2. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Just a log really of things I've done and plan to do, might be of use to someone in the future.

Car is a 2008 7th Generation 2.4 EX auto tourer.

Car was very good VFM indeed. Miles when bought was 118k. Jobs done so far:

• Full service inc. gearbox oil. All genuine parts purchased from HH
    • Slight knocking from rear, first I thought it was trim related but it got worse so for £15 I changed the ARB bushes - Splendid results.
    • Replaced shot rear tyres for Goodyear efficientgrip performance and had full hunter align
    • Replaced windscreen
    • Fitted HIDs from Led horizons - 5k, 35w fast start - replaced a cheap set.
    • Fitted Dolphin rear micro sensors
    • Fitted dash cam
    • Full detail
    • Replace DVD navi cover as it had a burn mark in the cover. Replacement purchased from eBay for £25.
    • Wrapped nasty looking handle inserts with brushed aluminium vinyl. Look good. Might try other finishes.
    • Fitted sunshades.
    Jobs to do:

• Get dent from boot removed - been let down by those I've booked so far.
    • Going to have a play with more wrapping
    • Not happy with the finish I got when painting the parking sensors - got a spare that I'll do with a proper spray set-up at work. I'll re-do one at at a time as they can be removed without removing the loom.
    • Need to give the brakes a service and paint the calipers. Alloys will get a proper clean and seal whilst off.
    • Try and get HFT working again!
    Think that's it so far.

Last edited: Monday 2nd May, 2016
    Ichiban, K24 CL9 GUY and legend-ary like this.
  3. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Wow @StuH that is an impressive amount of work already done and you haven't even had he car for that long IIRC.
    It's these small details that really stand a looked after car apart from the rest. Hope you find someone who can help you sort out the debt and maybe it will be a good thing if you can document your sensor painting procedure.

4. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Think it's a couple of months now.

These mobile dent guys are proving to be a pain, just going to try a bodyshop.

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Fuel filter changed.
    Front discs and pads changed and calipers painted.
    Still no joy with the dent people.
    Want to tackle the rear brakes, if only to service them, but never done them on the tourer before, bit wary of the handbrake situation.

Nels likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've added this link in as it shows the impressive list of things you've done to your Accord.

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You've really got through an impressive list of jobs @StuH :likeit:

8. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

thanks.

Forgot to add that I've replaced the tyre weld kit with a full size spare :Thumbup:

Contemplating having the wheels refurbed but not condition is fine so it doesn't feel like VFM at the moment.

Re-done two of the sensors, much better finish doing them in the spray booth at work (though I still used a rattle can).

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Ichiban likes this.
  10. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Thought I was :blush:

Yes please move.

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Done :Thumbup:

12. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

I should add that rear brakes have been stripped and cleaned, handbrake set to four notches. Calipers painted silver and disc hubs black.

Got a slight vibration at mway speed so I'm going to have them balanced, start with the cheapest option first.

One issue I've always had with the Accord is road noise. I've ordered some thinsulate (the car stuff not the stuff gloves are made from) and I'm going to try it on the back of the wheel liners.

13. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

Had a little play yesterday:

One thing that's bugged me with this car; 'tinny' door sound, particularly the front N/S. So, I purchased some MLV matting, removed the front door cards and proceeded to cover the inside of the outside door skin. What a result! Doors have a much more solid feel and now shut with a proper thud. I've loads left so will have a look at trying to reduce some road noise from the rear.

There's been a knocking from under the engine, I was pretty sure it wasn't anything mechanical so I put the front on stands, took the wheels off and had a poke. The problem was immediately apparent; the splash guard was missing most of it's clips so was flapping around. Fortunately I have a big bag of various clips so 10 minutes later I had it all secure. Noise gone.

14. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Those kind of jobs are the best kind. Annoying issue coupled with simple fix.

Reminds me I need to buy some of those clips with the thin central pin for my tailgate trim!