Off-Topic The wifes Mini is going.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Paul, Sunday 29th Jan, 2012.

1. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well today was a very sad day for my wife. She's owned a Mini Copper S for the last three years and has absolutely loved it. It's had a few niggles over the years including:

• New battery
    • New power sterring pump
    • New drivers door lock
    • Sump gasket
    • New Exhaust
    It sounds a lot but luckily everything has been covered by warranty (except the exhaust and battery). It also came with free servicing until it was 7 years old so only cost us one service in the time we've owned it.

With having our second child 7 months ago it's been more and more of a struggle to get the car seat in and out. So today we did the deal on her next car and hopefully once the reg plate transfer has completed we'll collect it.

So what has she gone and got?

A Ford Focus ST-3!

One previous owner, performance blue, leather heated recaro's etc and goes like stink! Fuel wise it'll be rubbish but she only does 3-4000 miles a year. It's mint conidtion and got a really strong part exchange!

I'll get some pictures up once we get it.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those Volvo engines in the ST are quick with superb torque. Good choice mate.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yeah the guy selling it took Becs round the block and then gave me the keys. Torque steer is quite keen but the low down grunt and sound is superb.

4. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And she'll be able to get shopping in the boot.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Don't forget the kitchen sink for good measure.

6. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I don't think she's knows what that is! There's always pots in the sink. Strange thing is even with a dishwasher we now argue as to who will empty it :Smile:

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That's funny as we have the same argument ,but with me not being at home for days at end I don't have dish washing duties ...as they say not my monkey.

8. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nah you just do them all when you are home:Smile:

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'll do the dishwasher as long as she does the nappies.:Grin:

10. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You people have it too easy a dishwasher in my house is whoever is stood at the sink when the meal is over and what are NAPPIES???????

11. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Pick up the car on Sunday!