Show Us Your Car The Wife's new daily driver y0!

Discussion in '9th Generation (2012-2017)' started by Blue Guru, Thursday 31st May, 2012.

1. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well after a good long while we finally picked up our new Orchid White 1.4se Civic. Its going to be my wife's daily used for the school run, shopping trips and local city driving. We ordered this way back in February and the dealership said it would only really be a 6-8 week wait. We weren't in a hurry anyway so agreed to stick with the 1.4 engine as the dealer said they're punting the diesels and 1.8's out the doors first. The 1.4's hadn't even been manufactured by that point yet and they were only gonna be starting on them when they'd completed most diesel orders. Something like that anyway. It's taken 15 and a half weeks and my wife has been nipping my box for the past few months telling me to find out when the car was due to be delivered, lol. We got an email saying next week, but then on Monday i got a call saying the car had been delivered early so it was ready to pick up whenever this week, result.

I've yet to drive it yet as we went in my car to go pick it up and it'll be the weekend before i get a chance to get anywhere near the controls, lol! My kids were loving it though, Aliyah even told her primary school teacher today that after school she was going to pick up her new Honda!

So far so good though. My wife really likes the fit and finish of the interior, the quiet cabin noise and the smoothness of the engine. For me though it'll be a nice wee change from my stiff set up, track based, accord. I'll try and do a wee review when i actually get to drive it, lol! We went to the supermarket earlier and i still didnt get a hand on the damn keys! Anyhoo here's a quick pic of the new Civic.

IMAG0239.

2. Nikonandmac Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Very nice, Blue. You have to be the best dressed driveway in the street. Loved your earlier article.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one Oz looks cool, Civic's not for me thou.

4. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers guys! The front end on these has really grown on me, i love the metallic grey centre panel in the front bumper. It looks great on any colour 9th Generation, the rear end however is still a bit of a chunky butt, but the good thing is only the people driving behind have to look at it! :Rolf:

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Like the colour Oz
    You not planning to turbo charge it and make track car out of it :vtec: .

6. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

LOL! No no buddy, thats what my car is for! The Civic is only ours for the next 3 years on lease so no mods at all, ever! Its a good thing i'll barely drive it as i don't think i could keep a car standard for long :Grin:

Quick snaps of the interior, it was raining out so i couldn't get a wider shot of the dash as i was cowering inside the car from the rain. I'll get a couple more when its not raining.

IMAG0248.

IMAG0250.

My kids roll in recaro's :Laughing:

IMAG0249.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    OZ, in the past Recaro kiddy seats have the worst child safety track record. Are these ones any better?

8. Blue Guru Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:Aghast: That i do not know, gonna have to do some investigations i think:Aghast:

9. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    This is a very cute car. I'm sure your wife will really enjoy it. And, like many women, i prefer a smaller car for increased maneuverability. To me, it just seems that a mid sized to larger car overwhelms not just with size but power. The perfect size for tooling around town, errands and such as you mentioned.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    At work we had delivery of 4 brand new Civic on company lease all I-DTEC , the owners were all grinning like Cheshire cats.

2 red 1 white and one in black, I don't like the new Civic thou love the technology on it .

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Oz any updated on the ownership experience how the cars shaping up ?

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I believe OZ has new beast for himself now that Accord gone.
    CR-Z i think.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Time for a change I suppose in the slow lane :Unknown: or may be a bisimoto CR-Z ?The days of engine tuning will be soon replaced by bigger electric motors and crazy battery set ups.

14. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

And bigger electricity bills to recharge them hahaha!!!!!
    I'm still not too sure about the new Civic some look nice then you see one that's pants. I think the colour helps...

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I cannot see myself driving the new Civic,it does nothing for me. The CR-Z atleast has some funk about it. It highly impractical as a family car but it stands out from the crowd of look alike cars.

The new Civic just looks like a lost ugly duckling wandering around aimlessly.

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Having spent half an hour in the dealership this afternoon, and having had one as a courtesy car, I can honesty say I'd have a top of the range Civic if I downsized. Really impressed with the build, and the design and especially the space.

What other option is there in that size range? Toyota Auris? VW Golf? I don't think so...!

Honda for the win!:Hooray: