General Things are Changing at a fast rate in Honda Japan

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ichiban, Tuesday 31st Mar, 2015.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    We were discussing the issues Honda Japan was facing in this thread Off-Topic - Honda Japan Problems and how long was it before Ito san got a size 12 imprinted on his backside. Now we have new leadership team and direction to undo whatever Ito san has done in his tenure.

• Back to basics.
    • Back to build our own vendors.No more tenders to the cheapest vendor, develop our your vendors and quality control.
    • Lastly return to Honda way of promoting youth and nurture that development by taking risks

This story is the start of getting Honda back and in the past Honda has taken this gambles based on sound reasoning.

Meet the 26-Year-Old Design Prodigy Behind Honda’s New Roadster - Bloomberg Business

I was fortunate to be at Honda in the 90's when this wave of change came to Honda under Nobuhiko Kawamoto leadership and these are all the hallmark of making things big. Today with these two announcements things are being progressed rapidly

Official Honda - Honda of Canada Mfg. Expands Export Destinations
    Official Honda - Honda of the UK Manufacturing Confirms Future Activities

Honda is back guys.

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

That sounds really encouraging for Canada and the UK.
    The S660 looks just the biz.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Very interesting with the Civic, it wil be interesting to see what the Civic model is like if its going to be a global mode. also begs the question why can't they do a global version of the Accord and import some here, say from Canada if they are going to do the same to CR-V.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    jcalvarez likes this.
  6. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

A global version of the Accord is an excellent idea. Go back to basics as they did one global version for First, Second, Third and (I think) Fourth Gens. Making different versions for different markets is a nice idea but perhaps that no longer works as effectively in today's climate.

jcalvarez and Ichiban like this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Since we have Canada and UK making their one global models i.e. CR-V and Civic then Honda Japan just do Accord simple really.

John Dickson likes this.
  8. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

However....... Unfortunately sense doesn't always factor in to decisions...... :brickwall:

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Some fan rendered images of a possible next gen CTR coupe

How awesome does that look.

John Dickson, AccordCU2 and AndyB1976 like this.
  10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That looks dogs danglies but Honda will mess it up and finished product won't look nowhere near like that picture.

John Dickson likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I read in Auto Express that they've already messed up by saying it won't come to Europe and then there's the other issue that I'm not supposed to mention but I'll put it like this.

The VIN aint gonna start with JHMC :Sobbing:

AccordCU2 likes this.
  12. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    ^ It's going to be made in Swindon isnt it? Such a shame they will never release one, the range could do with a coupe. In the 90's they had like 4 coupes in the range.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Yeah nearly all new Civic Lemons will be made here, the good thing is only one car the rest will not .. Thanks god for that ! HR-V(2nd Generation) CR-V(5th Generation) and Jazz(4th Generation) all not made here :clap::Drinks:

14. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Hmm well I think with the new CEO and the changes being made perhaps we might see Swindon churning out well built and properly assembled cars again. The CR-V is put together fine, I don't hold much praise for the North American or Mexican manufacturing considering the awful quality cars they can churn out.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah Canadian and Mexico cars will be good, Seen the HR-V at Geneva and it was good. Anything is better than here even India and Thailand make better cars.