Introductions Thinking Buying A Jazz

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by roconnor, Sunday 5th Aug, 2012.

1. roconnor New Member Getting Started

Hi All,
    This is my first post on here. I am considering buying a 3 or 4 year old Honda Jazz and wondered what people thought about the car.
    I'd rather get first hand experience from owners about the car's plus and minus points than just read the blurb put out by the maufacturer or the motoring press.
    Are they as reliable as everyone seems to says they are?
    What about economy and service costs?
    I only drive around 8K a year so the car will not be worked too hard.
    I understand Honda dealerships are very professional and helpful in their relationship with customers?
    They'd have to be an improvement on the Ford,Vauxhall and VW dealerships I've experienced, where it seems that they are doing you a favour by merely acknowledging your presence when you hand over the keys of the vehicle for a service !
    I look forward to your comments.
    Many thanks in advance,
  2. Tally Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've also been considering a Honda Jazz. From everything I've read, they are just as reliable as you can expect any Honda to be. The best thing you can do is to look at the features and see if it has everything that is important to you.
  3. roconnor New Member Getting Started

Hi Tally,
    Thanks very much for your reply.I've got a VW Polo at the moment and although it's a nice little car,I receive indifferent service from the dealer.
    The car has had one or two little problems i.e. the drivers door rattles constantly as though there were something loose inside the panel.The VW dealer has looked at it several times,but I know each time I collect it the service manager will pretty much shrug his shoulders and say he can't find the cause.
    I've no experience of Honda vehicles, but I have bought outboard motors from Honda and they are beautifully made and just never let me down'so if there cars are the same I'd be very happy to take a closer look.
  4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton

Yep thats about all you can expect from VW these days. Jazz is a better built car for sure and not a European parts bin like the VAG group cars.

Go for it I have heard little but good about the Jazz. Sounds to me like your someone who looks after their cars, that being the case the Honda will take you to the moon and back without any probs..

Happy days..
  5. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I know a few people with Jazz's & they have nothing but positive things to say, I had one as a courtesy car & was very impressed , in particular how roomy they were