Pre-Purchase Thinking of buying a new Izy HRG 536 SD 21" mower

Discussion in 'Lawn & Garden' started by 155695, Sunday 27th Mar, 2016.

1. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Anyone any experience of the above/got a view on if they are any good. All reports I can find are positive.

Keith

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nels likes this.
  3. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Thanks for that CJ. I already have a smaller push Honda to do the bits the ride-on won't go but I need a bigger self-propelled one as it's taking too long with the smaller one. In my place the grass cutting is 3 stages, strimmer 1st for the edges, then the lawnmower and finally the big open parts with the ride on. In all it takes not far short of 3 hours.

They are on offer, i.e. part exchange your existing one and get a £65 discount but that's off the full price. I can get a discounted one on the net for a lot less than that.

Keith

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    For that size yup a larger deck of 21" is the way forward, these lawnmowers are just par excellence you will never have issues just great service and great cut year after year.

This is the cheapest one I found Toms Garden Equipment & Tools - Honda Izy HRG 536 SD lawn mower Lawn mowers / Petrol Lawn mowers /

I agree the 100 quid off the already loaded price is no discount, the larger firms dealing in volume are able to give trade prices. I used to buy my Honda stuff from Mowerman2000 but looks like he ditched the Honda franchise for Korean crap!!

5. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    The one I'm looking at is £550 delivered (I haven't got a clue how to post links on here using this @!&"ing iPad).

Keith

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    on ipad hold the finger in the URL select all then copy and paste it into here. at 550 that a bonus.

7. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    As a matter of interest and always wishing to support local businesses, I went into my local agricultural supplier which sells everything to do with the outside and farming, from lawnmowers to combine harvesters, with a print out with the price etc. from Garden Machines and asked them if they could match the price.

Result - I'm picking it up today, fully PDI'd and ready to go. Just shows it's always worth giving the locals a chance.

Keith

legend-ary, Ichiban and FirstHonda like this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Great result @155695 :GoodJob:

Take that, internet! :boxing:

:izy:

legend-ary and Ichiban like this.
  11. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Well I cut the grass with the new machine today. Provides a really good cut and is well made but any hopes of speeding things up with the larger deck have gone out of the window. I can't believe how slow it moves, it must be about 1 or 2 miles an hour. With my push one I could wizz round at normal walking speed. The new one is also quite a bit more difficult to manouvre, probably because of its weight.

I suspect, like all things Honda, it's USA centric, where if they walk at all it's probably about 1 mph.

Keith

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Where are the pictures! we need this lawnmower in the garage. Do you have throttle increase on your mower or the speeds static ? the more you press the clutch lever the faster it gets the less you push it the slower it gets.

13. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    Never thought about putting a lawnmower in the garage (or even photographing it) but I will.

Unfortunately it is single speed in both the drive and the cutting deck, which is more than satisfactory. I knew that when I bought it but I assumed the drive speed would be similar to a friend's Atco which travels at what I would call normal walking speed. Never mind, in all other respects it's a great machine, I just need to get used to it (and allow more time for the bits that I can't do with the ride-on).

Keith