General This is getting annoying

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phil1978, Monday 11th Nov, 2013.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    As some of you may know I've been looking on for an Accord on and off since September, over the last two weeks I have contacted three garages about cars, two had already been sold and the other offered a ridiculous p/x price that was lower than we buy any car quoted:Angry: I guess I just need to be more patient and the right car for me will turn up.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is it me or are people hanging on their 7th Generation longer than anticipated.There are plenty battered and bruised 7th gens, but the good unmolested 7th Generation isn't there at all.

Poor Primarycare faced the same dilemma. Hang in there mate you will get something soon enough.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm always watching the Accord prices, the ones that are available as you say have dropped in price significantly in the past year - they're all also in terrible shape. Having brought mine with the intention to fix bits up along the way, I don't recommend anyone go that course - while I'm on the few last bits to get back to former glory, it's cost a pretty penny.

Wait it out, they will come :Thumbup:

4. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Cheers mate, will do, although I'm no longer changing cars to get something more economical, it's now because I've fallen for the Accord, I just really want one :Wub:
    I've also noticed apart from there being a few rough ones out there, they also seem to be more expensive the closer they are to me.

5. Skilzo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have just started looking for a accord and finding a good one seems to be hard

Like you say I have noticed ones closer to me seem to be more expensive :Frown:

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I looked for 2 months or so before finding mine, truth be told I paid just £2150 when most were £4000 still. Ironically I've pumped about the same into it again. The deals do come, you've just got to be on the look out.

Not many people look at changing their cars on the run up to Christmas. Start of the new year so many more come about, February was the sweet spot for me :Thumbup:

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'll be selling mine soon, just need to persuade myself to let her go LOL.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

As in waiting for the right newer Accord to pop up for sale like these guys? :Whistle:

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Well no, just can't bring myself to put her up for sale :Sobbing:

Had her for 4 years now, that's twice as long as I've had any other car.

10. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    What you thinking of getting Speedy? Don't fancy a Skoda do ya :Wink:

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Lol, no not a Skoda ...

I think my 7 year old son would murder me if I got anything other than a Honda LOL

His birthday cake was a Honda Civic Type-R so as u can imagine he's fully Honda indoctrinated already :Whistle:

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  12. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    That's the way, get them hooked young :Niceone:

- - - Updated - - -

Well I may be on to a winner, the garage owner of a car I've been looking at has been in touch and has given me a surprisingly good p/x offer, unfortunately due to my stupid work shifts I won't be able to get up to him until late next week:Angry: hopefully he'll still have it and it won't be a complete dog when viewed in the flesh.

DeviateDefiant and SpeedyGee like this.