Off-Topic This is why I want to live in Australia

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Malibu, Friday 19th Apr, 2013.

1. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Australia says NO - Second time she has done this!
    AMAZING You must read it !!!!

Australian Prime Minister does it again!! This woman should be appointed Queen of the World.. Truer words have never been spoken.

Prime Minister Julia Gillard- Australia:

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT.. Take It Or Leave It.
    I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society ... Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.' 'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in UK , SA, Canada & USA, WE will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.

Primarycare and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Julia Gillard the new maggie? .. A lot of common sense in her honest opinion. Which political party in this country will have the courage to speak about a topic no one want to speak about .. If you do you are labeled as a racists annoys me no end.

3. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

She's my new hero. Nobody could have said it better.
    No political party in this country will say it, they're all a bunch of cowards. If they did they would landslide the next election.
    Never understand people moving to a country and then moaning about the laws of the land.
    If you don't like them, LEAVE.

4. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Omg how right you are- spineless bunch of idiots in this country- I am adamant I want out & sooner than later- I also find it shameful that we don't even celebrate st George's day

5. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I totally agree.

However, how many muslims in the UK or the west in general want sharia law?

I have yet to come accross such an individual and I am a muslim and live in a muslim community!!

I am amazed at the coverage such people get in the media. The likes of Anjem Choudary get so much coverage its outrageous.

But as far I am concerned, this is a non-issue.

Maybe I should come out with something equally ridiculus, make yorkshire a tax free country like switzerland? Would love a response from the PM.

DeviateDefiant and SpeedyGee like this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Well said Alloy36.

7. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Its a few extremists that give others a bad name, same in all faiths really.

Muslims account for only 3% of the UK population, according to the 2012 census.

8. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Well i wish more people would shout up like you , when they think its wrong?- I think the point is how you integrate or not...it's not having a go at religion -

- - - Updated - - -

Yes true enough

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What really annoys me is that this is a Christian country, but it's fair game to ridicule, be rude about Christianity.
    But do the same about other faiths and it suddenly becomes racism.

10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I totally agree about the extremists.

But coming from London could someone explain to me why my chicken in a lot of restaurants has to be Halal. Especially if the faiths that require it make up such a small proportion of the population.

11. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Never going to happen in this country no political party/leader has the bottle to speak out. Shame..

12. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Just so we are quite clear- by agreeing with someone's comments which don't agree with yours does NOT make someone racist! I have never been nor will I ever be racist.. its highly unlikely that i would be married to an Indian if I was ..I should not have to be careful about what I say for fear of upsetting people (within reason)- plus I am a Yorkshire woman after all - I call a spade a spade- simple as- end of .. As far as I am concerned

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    After reading all your posts and countless texts phone calls and PMS this entire thread is being blown out if proportion.

It has certainly raised the point how fragile sentiment still is within the UK when you ask people about this topic .. Everyone beats around the bush and holds on to their opinion under there breaths but if your DARE speak the commonly held belief you will be sidelined.

It just reinforces the point she is making .. Read it from her shoes and not your

Primarycare likes this.
  14. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Let me be quite clear as well. My wife is Chinese, the daughter of two West Indian immigrants. I have never been and never will be a racist. I've stood up to people's racist stereotypes and comments all my life.
    Most of my life my closest friends have not been from this country, be they Polish, Maltese ,Indian or West Indian.
    But there is nothing wrong with being Patriotic towards my country.

15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Helen, can you tell us who said you were racist ?

Rob if you don't like a restaurant because it has Halal food, don't go there, move onto the next, if that has Halal food, move on to the next one, if it's a reoccurring theme, then I guess Halal must the peoples choice as it's everywhere. After all you live in free country !

Did you know that Halal meat has scientifically been proven to be healthier and more tender than non halal meat ??

Patriotism huh

OK so you know people of all walks of life, so which group of people is that your actually wanting to LEAVE the country ?

16. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Speedy I don't know where you're going with this. Your posts have a strong tone of racist accusation about them.

Please tell what's wrong with being patriotic about your country?

Who said I want any particular group of people to leave the country? But as you said this is a FREE country and anybody who doesn't like the way it is can FREELY leave.

Oh and I'd love to see this scientific study on Halal meat. A method of slaughter I doubt very much will effect the tenderness or healthiness.

17. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Really ? Care to explain how ?

Absolutely nothing ! Never said there was.

I was asking you as you mentioned it and endorsed it, I was asking you who exactly its is your referring to ?

Google it dude !

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Speedy why have you taken everything so personally and so become so defensive ? Nothing was diverted you but you taken them as a personal attack why ?

You just need to take a step back and look at the first post and see they true meaning behind it ? It outlines everything

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm not going to comment on the debate going on but I will say this: I don't care what colour you are, what faith you follow, what choices you make however if your actions directly affect the lives of others around you and don't grant them the same freedoms which you are acting under, you are in the wrong.

You must grant each person their freedom of choice, that is the only thing that matters.

My favourite quote - "Agreement isn't necessary, thinking for yourself is".

SpeedyGee likes this.
  20. AccordEZJ Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wonder what the Aboriginal Australians would say...