Bikes This sort of riding gives bikers a bad name

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & ATV' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 2nd Apr, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    What a tool, if you want to ride like that do a bloody track day, not risk your own life and potentially ruin someone else's,

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

He needs to be :Banned:
    If he wants to kill himself I won't lose any sleep over it.
    It's the other innocent road users he takes with him, not to mention the emergency service personnel that have to clean up the mess.
    Like the last 20 seconds of the video :Whistle:

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Bet he saw his life flash before his eyes there. Lucky he took the incentive to bail out over the edge.

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Saw this last night, pretty sure the car he nearly collided with was an Accord. There's quite a few of them round here, slower but newly passed motorcycle drivers and they just piss me off sometimes.

6. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

He might have a fast bike but he doesn't know how to handle it. A real novice bit of riding in my humble opinion. Cheshire police should throw the book at him. A hefty fine and a good few points might make him a bit more aware in the future.

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    CJ will hate me for ranting on this one, but I'm constantly having to brake check bikes around these parts. They go right up my arse and I know they couldn't match my brake if I seriously had to stop. I know a good few respectable bike riders, but the vast majority I come across act like they own the road shooting past cars in a queue at high speed.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Mate, dismayed at that response and anyone who likes your post:Lipsrsealed: .. you won't like anyone brake checking you in your car would you?
    You have are just the typical car driver who hate bikers, if they are your back side give them space to go .. by blocking them you are infuriating them. Agreed some bikers are aggressive but never hold up a bike, a good bike will always thank you to let them pass. You piss of a group of bikers you will know about it and there is no way IN HELL you could outrun them.

The idiots on bike filter through traffic at high speed well they are on borrowed time.. until you ride a bike YOU guys will never realise who it feels on the other side sitting so called safe in your metal tanks.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just pure luck no initiative or a planned escape route the cliff was padded with grass if it was rocky he would be minced meat.

10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I can see it from both sides.
    Having been on a bike through London traffic for 3 years, I know how vulnerable you are.

Nowadays, if it was an impatient car driver filling my rear view mirror, I'd let him past as soon as reasonably possible.
    If we are travelling at speed, I will slow down a bit to minimise the damage he/she'll cause if we stop suddenly.
    Tapping the brake is likely to make him slam on the anchors and cause an accident.

Pulling over slightly for bikes is no big deal.
    The good ones give you a wave. The bad ones, well, there aren't many bad old bikers!

Maybe I'm just overprotective of my Accord.
    I'm always on the look out for bikers and emergency service vehicles.

Ichiban likes this.
  11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    If someone brake checks me in my car, I can be sure that I'm following too closely for them and will respectfully back off. It's not rude whatsoever, it's about the only prompt a driver can give someone behind that they're following too closely.

I really don't understand your point mate. How am I supposed to give them the space to go if they're riding on my arse? They've chosen not to go already for whatever reason else they wouldn't be on my arse and they'd have overtaken. Bare in mind, I don't tend to drive slow anywhere and rarely am I not riding the limit. These are the chavs not thinking and just wanting to zoom everywhere.

If a biker is riding wide and I can give him room to overtake, of course I will, my point was about bikers riding on my bumper in rush hour traffic not thinking that if I stop, they're going straight over my roof.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Two wrongs don't make a right just be tolerant and tit for tat makes you lose your cool.

pointless having a debate when you have already have a set in stone perception for bikers. I don't want to change that ..its something you will figure out eventually.

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The key is shiny side up:Wink: when you drive you always have room to maintain your road position, YOU always have room to go either way.