Jazz Time for a change

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moob, Sunday 21st Dec, 2014.

1. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Thinking seriously about getting some new wheels. The old Civic is just a bit too rough and ready and I'd like a Jazz.
    I've been keeping an eye on the market and seen a nice wee Sport model. FSH, looks spotless and same owner from new.

Had a look at Cap valuation and it's a bit high. Chatted with the owner who said there's some room for negotiation.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201411128942389/usedcars?logcode=visc

What do you guys think?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't blame you Rob , The Jazz is a cracking car a lot better than the 7th Generation Civic TBH. They hold their values like crazy so evern after you have done with it you will get over the odds in residuals.

Go for 2100 and see if they move, its a good looking car.

moob likes this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    She looks in nice condition, engine bay is dirty but looks honest as a result of that.

Go take a look, see how she drives. Is that a bit of bubbling on the nearside front and rear alloys by the valve or just my bad eyes deceiving me?

Take cash if you can manage it - buyers will sell for silly amounts when they see the cash in your hands. Id go in at 2k personally.

moob likes this.
  4. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'd be looking for a CVT model, lovely smooth drive.

5. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    The two different Jazz's I had as courtesy cars were very impressive. Granted they were the newer generation but my in-laws have the previous one which they got from auction and it's been faultless. The ones I drove were a smaller engine but could still shift so I reckon this one was will be pretty quick!

Last edited: Sunday 21st Dec, 2014
    moob likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

She looks smashing @moob. I really like the Jazz.
    They are a very under rated car. They need to be marketed at a younger buyer. Then we'll them shift in volume.

moob likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @moob look at the VIN's and look for Chinese VIN if it has JHMC at the starting then that the one you want. If you want more info PM otherwise people will get upset about their non Japanese made cars.

moob likes this.
  8. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Cheers lads. Got MOT history check done now and by rights it appears a well maintained vehicle, any issues that were brought up were repaired same day.

Guy seems very genuine.

Gonna try 2k via text in advance because it's 60 miles away and I'd need to get the train etc
    - - - Updated - - -
    Cheers mate, VIN confirms japanese.

What info could you get from VIN, optional extras etc?

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Drop me a PM with the full VIN you may be surprised to see the features others didn't have. :Wink:

moob likes this.
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

That's a very clean & tidy looking Jazz. Looks like a small scuff on the rear bumper, but at that age & mileage not unusual.

They say you can tell a lot about how a car will have been treated by the state of the current owners' house. Going by the driveway, which looks very well finished and totally weed free, the car should be great :Grin:

11. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    So I ventured up to Perth today with the kids, met with the owner at train station and checked car over. The photography is very flattering, as there are quite a few dings and scuffs here and there. Two of the alloys need reconditioned. Whine from rear suggests at least one wheel bearing is away. Interior is spotless a d smells like new, only issue was a small 2 inch tear know the drivers seat.

Tried really hard to beat the guy down in price, but only managed to get 250 off, so £2250 all in.

I'll add it to my garage.

Anyone interested in a 7th Generation Civic? :dodgydeal:

Nighthawk likes this.
  12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Confratulations @moob. Looking forward to seeing the photographs.

moob likes this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Well done, I'm sure she'll serve you well.

Looking forward to the 'photos.

moob likes this.
  14. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Anyone fancy a 7th Generation Civic? :Hey:

15. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

You're probably better off putting it in the for sale section bud.

moob likes this.
  16. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    True!

17. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Is it the two nearside alloys which need refurbing?

18. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Yeah, sure is.

19. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Only if you know someone who might be interested in a low mileage 1.1 Panda Agile! :Smile:

moob likes this.
  20. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    Couple of things I'm looking to get repaired.

One of them is the driver's seat, which has a 2" tear in the cloth. Anyone know the best way to sort this?

I also noticed I'm now the proud owner of two Wanli tyres fitted to the rear axel. Any opinions on these as what I've read so far is concerning!