General Time to say goodbye

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by dennismate, Sunday 24th Apr, 2016.

1. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    After owning 3 8th Generation Accords over the last 5 years it's time to move on. I love the Accord and would buy another one in a heartbeat, but as they are no longer imported have decided to go for a 2014 Lexus GS 300h as it's comparable in size.

After the comfort and reliability of the Accord the Lexus will have a lot to live up to, such a shame we didn't get the 9th Generation.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry to see you go mate can you please put your mats in the sale section, please.

3. hondaman63 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Netherlands Edwin Gorinchem
    yes i can understand why no 9th generation but the lexus is a very nice car but out experience you gonna mis the accord.

but the best and good luck

4. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Strikes me that the Lexus isn't a bad alternative. Good Luck.

5. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Think Lexus make a great car, so very very nearly got an RX400h to replace my last Accord but already have the ML so didn't really see the point in the end, then my current Accord came up at a price that was silly to refuse.

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Never considered a Lexus, maybe I should? I've so far been looking at Mazda in preparation for when mine finally dies.

7. Snapper69 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I looked at Mazda before I bought my current Accord, but the reviews didn't seem that good. The Lexus is the only make that regularly beats Honda in the satisfaction surveys. I may have one more previously loved Accord, before I have to change.

8. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    7th gens are still running going back a long way with 200,000 miles on, so the 8's should be running well into the 2020's, during that time the Bosses in Japan will have brought the accord back, when they realise that not all of us want chelsea tractors.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Are you having a laugh? it's a Ford with a funny accent.

sorry not quite true but the Dagenham hand is in there somewhere.

Mazda 6 - Mazda 6 / Ford Mondeo Diesel Engines | Technical matters | Back Room Forum | Honest John

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    So not a Ford engine then! In any case, I wouldn't have a diesel with a DPF, so it'll be a petrol one for me.

I had a Mazda 6 varient (actually a Jap import '96 Mazda Capella Wagon 2L 4 x 4) about 10 years ago in NZ and it seemed pretty bullet-proof in the 18 months I had it.

10. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    A Lexus has no ford underpinnings.

They are nice cars, I still like the IS200 shape of the early 2000's but it was very thirsty. I would consider a Lexus for a family car, they are upmarket Toyotas, although they are pretty expensive.

11. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Back when I was a salesman at the Merc dealer I got a chatting to a customer who was having repeated trouble with his Merc and Merc wasn't being too helpful. He was telling me about a new RX he had that developed an intermittent accelerating problem, the dealer took it in, couldn't find a problem but changed some parts on the advice of Lexus HQ. This didn't solve the problem so Lexus flew in one of their top engineers who managed to replicate the problem but couldn't sort it. Lexus decided they wanted the car back in Japan so they told the customer to pick whatever new RX was available in the UK. Whilst all this went on, the dealer provided an RX as a courtesy car and fuelled the car whilst he had it.

It stuck in my mind as not only excellent customer care, but instead of having a really angry customer due to having a faulty car they had a customer who couldn't praise Lexus enough.

FirstHonda, legend-ary and Nighthawk like this.
  12. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    And here's BMW who can't even balance tyres properly! Lol

13. John Hamer Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Waltham Abbey
    Sorry Jon I thought you were talking diesel, but all this paranoia with DPF, IS MAINLY SELF INFLICTED. if the cars were driven rather than molly coddled i.e school runs and shopping. I reckon and hope they would last a long time. If they say it is a service item at about 100,000 miles then get a jar and put a fiver in it every time you fill the tank and the problem will be solved. The only thing that bothers me owning one of these "infernal" machines is what the GREENIES will do to us. wITH IDIOTS like BORIS in the equation who knows what will happen? We could all be riding horses, but I think they too have a habit of creating unwanted waste unless you grow roses. LOL