Engine & Gearbox Timing belt 2010 (60 Reg) CR-V, EX, Petrol, Auto.

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by BobLell, Sunday 4th Oct, 2015.

1. BobLell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bob Chester
    Bit of advice please peeps.
    Picked up my 'new' car yesterday and I can see it was last serviced at 70K according to a basic print out (ex Met Police), its now showing 76K.
    Firstly, can someone confirm it needs a new timing belt at 72K?
    Secondly, is there anyway of checking if its been done on the 70K service just by looking at anything under the bonnet?
    Thirdly, if it turns out to be really bad news and I'm saddled with the bill, how much is it likely to cost, roughly?
    Fourthly, is there anyone I the Met I can contact to establish if its been done or not?

Thanks in anticipation - Bob

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Bob your car has a timing chain which is maintenance free there is no need to change the timing chain.. However Timing chains do stretch if the car is neglected and not kept up with oil changes.

To keep it sweet change the oil every 6K miles for life long trouble free life.

steve4536 and BobLell like this.
  3. BobLell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ichiban, again, many thanks. That's certainly put my mind at rest. Bob

Ichiban likes this.
  4. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I'm a bit like you Ichi being an oil change freak. It must stem from owning motorcycles over the years. Lets face it, it's the simplest cheapest bit of engine maintenance you can give to a car or bike.

BobLell and Ichiban like this.
  5. BobLell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, that prompted me to look at the service print out, and because it was an ex police car it covered on average 10K miles between services. I will have to start looking after it from now on! It drives smoothly and well enough, so lets hope all is OK.