Engine & Gearbox Timing belt & Balancer Belt Replacement

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Matt_F, Thursday 25th Oct, 2012.

1. Matt_F Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've ordered up a timing belt and balancer belt from Honda for my Accord. When replacing the timing belt do you remove the balancer belt to get to it? Honda have quoted £240 to replace timing belt, but forgot to ask if they'd include replacing the balancer belt included in that. I can't picture where the belts go? Local garage have quoted £222 (185+vat) to do both belts. Not sure whether to go to Honda or local garage?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ring around bud these days a lot of garagesb will do you a deal to get your custom.

3. Matt_F Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

bGot Honda calling me back this morning. Think they will replace balancer belt as part of the timing belt charge as it looks like you have to remove the balancer belt to get to the timing belt:

192750_TimingBelt99Accord_1.

4. 92a6 New Member Getting Started

Timing belt & Balancer Belt Replacement

I had to do all that when my timing belt broke on mine. And my balancer belt broke after 3k miles and my timing belt has a gash in it and skipped a few teeth so I didint want to mess with it and pulled it putting a new motor in.

5. Matt_F Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda dealer rang back and they're doing the timing belt and balancer belt for £240. Going to stick with this as at least it'll keep up the FHSH.

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds