Engine & Gearbox Timing chain, not belt, right?

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by rikernumber1, Sunday 6th Jul, 2014.

1. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    Hi all,

Research and the absence of an easily removable timing belt cover indicates that the R20A2 2.0 engine in my 2008 EX auto has a timing chain, right?

1 week and 1 day in to ownership and I'm still loving it. Got a trip up to Manchester from my native Kent in the next couple of days - actually looking forward to the drive! Will be interested to see MPG on a motorway run.

Phillip

2. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Oh yes, timing chain, happy days eh!

Hope you enjoy the drive, let us know what MPG you get :Thumbup:

3. rikernumber1 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Phillip Whitstable, Kent
    35.3 MPG - that's over a 200 mile stretch (I'm stopping off in Walsall overnight). I am happy with that - mainly 70mph with the occasional 80mph burst to overtake. Came via M11, A14 to avoid Silverstone, so not always steady 70. Hit some traffic on the M6, but not too bad.

Really pleased with the car overall - comfortable and easy to drive. Only problem is the air con stopped working; it didn't work when I picked it up last Saturday, but I had an air con guy look at it Monday - he replaced a relay and it worked fine, but it stopped working again on the M11 on the way up today. Looks like it'll be back to the dealer.

Phillip

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You have the answer already but here's a link to page that had this info on there