Feedback/Help Tips from the trade/horror stories

Discussion in 'Feedback, Help & Suggestions' started by Beefy, Wednesday 10th Jun, 2015.

1. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    would this be an addition worth adding to the forum?

Nels and Zebster like this.
  2. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

He's :sleep:

4. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I quite like the idea expect considering that its a Honda forum we will eventually see something along the line of:

" you see that honda dealer up north yeah, we went there and the stealership wanted £60 for a fookin diagnosis, WOT a rip off, my mate keith down the road said that he can fix it for a fiver with an elastic band - honda are a rip off!"

Beefy and FirstHonda like this.
  5. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Do you have Keith's contact details?:Laughing:

Seriously, I'm always interested in trade tips and horror stories!

Beefy likes this.
  6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    not sure what section or whether it warrants its own part of the forum but I can certainly start showing a few of the more interesting and equally worrying things I see in the trade. Certain things are a bit of a grey area when it comes to sensitive Honda information but general tips are perfectly above board and I could start to form a bit of a regular article.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You can do a lot with an elastic band !

FirstHonda and Nighthawk like this.
  7. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I saw a recent Honda dealer horror story somewhere about a water pump problem, that became an crankshaft pulley issue, that eventually became an oil pump drive chain issue. Although it turned out to be a 'customer' horror story, LOL.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ A fantastic idea :clap:

:lol::lol::lol:

9. Eureka Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Paul Lancaster
    I see your point and some people will always consider some of the dealership charges excessive. Lets face it its not just a Honda thing is it as the big glass showrooms have to be paid for and they will for the majority of the time charge more than a backstreet garage
    or independent simply due to overheads.

The local dealership to me is very heavy handed when it comes to sales and use some strange tactics to make sure a sale is completed on the first visit.

I have experience of the same dealer a number of years ago making it hard to buy parts especially if you didn't have the part number and they needed to look the part numbers up on their system.
    Its when I was rebuilding a b20 engine I was transplanting in my aerodeck & needed some Honda only parts.
    I had the details of the car the engine was from (I owned the car and removed the engine myself so knew the details were correct) it was more they were more interested in fitting the parts rather than supplying. Well that's how it came across back then.

Hopefully they will be better now but I made sure there are websites where genuine parts can be bought just incase I need anything and they turn out to be the same.