Detailing Tips On Removing Excess Wax Etc

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by TheDarkKnight, Sunday 3rd Aug, 2014.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Its a perennial bug bear of mine, partly my own fault for going OTT on the wax and other cleaning products.

Beyond shoving a soft cloth in various crevices which is slow and laborious, does anyone have any tips they can share as to what they do to remove excess detailing products etc?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ear buds dipped in IPA the alcohol based ones will pick the wax easily.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

A soft, long bristle paintbrush gets in between body panels, round door handles etc.
    A soft, short bristle brush works well on other bits of trim.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Oh, @TheDarkKnight, forgot to say, the tip about shoe polish worked well. The liquid and solid wax last about the same time. The former being easier/quicker to apply.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks for the advice chaps. I know I need to prep better then I wouldn't have such overkill on clean up to do. My own fault!

Ran out of HD Wax, bought some more this morning. My arms will tell you how awesome the car looks! Sorry, no pics (yet) though.

Nels - glad the shoe polish trick worked for you. Its a cheap and easy way to restore black colouring to a deep shine once buffed out.

7. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    TDK

Just posted in another thread on this

Autoglym Bumper and Trim Gel. Awesome

Phil

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I used to use boot poilish on motorcycle tyres in the 90's there werent any tyre dressing products then..LOL