General TL top mount bushes,improve your cl road handling feel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ukcl9, Tuesday 22nd Dec, 2015.

1. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    dinoc likes this.
  2. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I upgraded bushes and engine mounts on my old MX6 to Polyurethane ones and uprated the rear ARB to one 40% thicker... definitely noticed a difference in the handling and the engine seemed to give a more fluid response when changing gears and accelerating hard.

3. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    You putting this on your CL7? That could defo so with them as stock suspension is quite soft.

4. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    replacing my tein superstreet coilovers with
    koni yellows
    eibach springs
    TL top hat bushes
    replace lca bushes with pci bearings

dinoc and exec like this.
  5. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    Very nice, I'm looking for feedback on the koni + TL bushes.

6. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    I've only fitted the rears so far.the shocks are 2" longer than the tein.the ride high seems just as low.but the springs have a lot more give.i put this down to them being progressive.the tein springs are very very short compared to the eibach.even on full soft the ride is very smooth.no sign of body roll.we have lines painted on the road when entering a village.before the rear wound slighly bounce,now you don't even feel them,be interesting to see what they are like on hard.was going to fit the fronts today,but its raining

7. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Progressive springs are always better for comfort, whilst being able to give a firmer ride and are normally lower... I rate Eibachs quite highly myself as I've used them before.

8. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    so i got the front koni's on.they are great.beat the tein superstreets,they seem stiffer even on full soft.yet they asorb the bumps better and have more suspension travel.still no body roll.this is the best suspension set up I've ever had.i highly recommand with the tl bushes..i have the honda part number if anyone is interested and interestingly they are £15 each.not sure how as when i go to a car with these fitted the price jumps to £55

exec likes this.