1. captain trumpy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Captain East Sussex
    Evening all.
    Following a detailed read of the navigation manual, I have been studying the TMC icon in the top left corner of the nav display. My understanding is this should receive traffic information. It shows red all the time as far as I can see. I'm waiting for it go green meaning it is receiving traffic info.

Is my understanding correct, or does traffic information require a subscription service to make it work. I'm a bit confused, have I got it wrong?:Messed:

2. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    Wots sat Nav ? If I get lost I ask a policeman lol
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry I meant asylum seeker as they know more about London than I ever will !

captain trumpy likes this.
  3. Legendliving Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep, you are right. Should be green. I get red occasionally. Often when starting up, or I presume when the system is down or out of range, but green virtually all the time. There is no system setting for turning tmc on or off so far as I can see.
    You can check the status of the nav system from the special menu accessed by pressing menu+map+cancel buttons simultaneously.
    Good luck

4. captain trumpy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Captain East Sussex
    Well, I have ensured the TMC icon is selected in the settings menu, but it just stays red. I'm sure it was green north of London. I guess there's no signal down south out in the sticks.:Messed: