Suspension, Steering and Brakes Top ball joint

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Adamk, Thursday 27th Jun, 2013.

1. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    Had my tourer MOT'ed last week and it failed on N/S/F top ball joint.I rang the Honda dealer near me got a price which worked out at £190 inc vat but they can't get them for 2 days.Lucky I have taken extra warranty cover out on the car which I claim back the money with the work done it cost over £250.the warranty company said I had to take it to halfords which I turned down they let me do it in the garage I work for in the end so I know it's done right

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Did it have play in it ? Or was the boot ripped ?

A bit early for a ball joint to go.

3. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    The boot was fine when I grabbed the wheel and pulled and pushed it the ball joint had a lot of play which is pretty poor sayin the car has only got 45k on clock

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Did you see the top ball moving?

5. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    Yer the ball joint moved a lot when you grab the wheel and pull and push on it it knocks pretty bad.must be the road round hear that have made it go

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Dude do you park the car routinely on a kerbs or jump kerbs?

7. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    I'm pretty carefully round kerbs and potholes etc i still avid pot holes like I'm in a lowered car just a habbit I think as iv always had stupidly low cars lol

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Then it would seem the car has had a tough life prior to your ownership fella.

9. Adamk Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Derby
    It's in good hands now just a few stone chips on the body work to sort out then il be happy with it