Optional Extras Tourer Boot Liner

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by narcosis, Monday 1st Oct, 2012.

1. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well I bought my car to help support my hobbies. My primary hobby is diving so having seen the rubber boot liner I have placed an order today. The main reason is to help protect the standard boot (from lots of compressed air bottles plus crates of kit) lining plus prevent the boot from getting wet from all my gear. I will take a shot of before and after fitting when I pick it up this week.~£88 direct from Honda.cheersNeil

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have it in my boot and it much better than the rigid one you got in the 7th Generation Accord.

3. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    you can get of ebay £34 delivered

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Compare the quality of the mats , after all mats are mats but you do get what you pay for.

5. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I need one but refuse to pay 60 odd pounds for it.
    On the lookout for something cheaper.

6. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Zoran firm called bootsliners quality looks fine £36 with delivery not £34 end of day its not going to get hammered in boot

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks a lot Dave
    I will have a look at it.

8. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Picked it up today, I was happy to pay to ensure I got something that fits and has quality I can trust, it is not that much more at the end of the day. Also, I am not a proponent of fleabay :Smile:

Quite impressed with the liner and the finish it gives.

Neil

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here Neil,the qaulity is amazing and feels it, and it antislip which is really good.

10. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
  11. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pics as promised, it was £88 from Honda. Pics are before, after, and an idea of thickness/flexibility.

DSC02094. DSC02093. DSC02095.

Rakoribs and Ichiban like this.
  12. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    Well as promised, mine is ok. It's not very heavy like proper old footwell mats used to be for instance but it seems to do the job. I've not seen how good a Honda item is to compare it with but I would say that although it could be better, it's good for the money and will protect the boot floor for sure. It has a lip all the way around it too which should help keep things clean. One thing that is very good is the non slip surface on the top. This works nicely indeed.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Same here Neil , the quality is amazing and feels it and it antislip too, BTW you could have got it cheaper on ebay the same mat is going for 75 quid , if your rang HH directly you could have saved even further.

14. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks, who or what is HH?Can you suggest a good place to purchase Genuine Honda Parts i.e. air filters, pollen filters, oil filters etc?cheersNeil

15. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

HH is Holdcroft Honda in Stoke on Trent.
    Give them a ring and tell them you are member here,you will get discount on parts.

Ichiban likes this.
  16. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    See, knowing that the £35 ebay item becomes less attractive. I don't suppose HH do parts mail order do they?

17. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They do post/send anything you might need.
    Give them a ring and enquire.I ordered lot of things from them and always get them quick.

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Postage is free for all AOC members, it a no brainer really!

19. G12 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Penryn
    I wish I'd known that a week ago! Still, should be good for other things and good news that they deliver :Smile:

20. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you for the information, what is the typical discount?

cheers

Neil